Cake Never Made Front Page...please Look!

Decorating By JodieF Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm by stephanie214

JodieF Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 16

I'm sorry for doing this. I know I should be more mature, but this cake never made the front page and I loaded it 2 hours ago. icon_surprised.gif( It's the best cake I've ever made and I'm so proud of it.

Please take pity on me. I was so excited to post this cake. Could you please look? It would make me so happy!

15 replies
AJsGirl Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 16

What a sweet cake! The bear and shoes are darling. I like how you did the fondant accents, all the different shapes and stuff. Creative.

jennbryanfrank Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 16

i would have wanted it to be seen as well.. you did an awesome job!

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 16

Cute cake..I would have been proud too.So sorry it slipped on by...that has happened to me many times also..with the forum questions too...I'll post a question and it will be bumped by another...Oh well..what can yah do!!

JodieF Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 16

I know it just happens, but it was hard to see it skipped! I posted the shoes by themselves last week and people went nuts saving and viewing them. The cake looks so much better!
Anyway, thanks for the kind comments. I feel a little better now. I hope more people look though! icon_lol.gif

JodieF Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 16

icon_eek.gif I must be on the "skip" list today....I haven't see this thread on the main page either!

JodieF Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:01am
post #7 of 16

I really have to laugh. My cake was posted as a popular cake posted today and then the site went down! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

This cake is destined to not be seen by many! Yikes!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:04am
post #8 of 16

you know what? your pic is loading and it's taking forever LOL but don't worry i'll wait and look for it. it sounds great icon_smile.gif

CarolAnn Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:42am
post #9 of 16

It's a great cake, you ought to be proud!! I love the little tennies! And you little napping bear is adorable. You did an awesome job!

Ohara Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:07am
post #10 of 16

Great job Jodi!!! It is so well done. Did the parents love it? I can only imagine the joy and excitement this cake brought to the shower. You should be proud!

JodieF Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:40pm
post #11 of 16

The new mom loved the cake and even got teary. The dad to be is still in Iraq. He should be home in a few weeks. He's career Army and has been there pretty much since beginning of the war, with just short leaves home off and on. I gave her a box to put the little tennis shoes and the bear in, so she can show him when he gets home. She hasn't seen him since last September (when this baby boy got started)! icon_cool.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:50pm
post #12 of 16

Cute cake ! Love the bear over the ball !

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:56pm
post #13 of 16

i finally saw it. it's so adorable. seriously. like when you look at the cake and see those cute shoes and the bear sleeping on the ball, you can't help but go "awww" and it made me wish I had a baby. icon_smile.gif you should be proud of your work. icon_smile.gif

JodieF Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:25pm
post #14 of 16

Thanks so much for all the nice comments. I haven't been doing this very long, and this is the first cake I made that looked like what I'd planned and hoped for! icon_lol.gif
So, it was pretty disappointing that it never made the front page as a new photo.
I admire the cakes on this site so much, and all of the amazing talent! I finally felt like I had a cake that measured up a little bit!

Again...thank you for looking at the cake and all the lovely comments!

diane Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #15 of 16

wow! you did a great the baby sneakers! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #16 of 16

Boy, that is a job well done thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%