Doll Cake Using Mmfondant & W/o Doll Pan

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 1:46am by maimai16

maimai16 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 8

hi. im a newbie when it comes to celebration cakes. and im planning to make a doll cake using a mmfondant icing. my concern is, how will i make mmfondant not lying flat against the "skirt cake"? ill attach a link to make you guys have a clue in what i am trying to say icon_biggrin.gif (http://funnfunky.co.nz/pages/doll_cakes/doll_thumb_pages/fairy/fairy_pixie_thumbs.htm)
please help me! im desperate.... icon_sad.gif

7 replies
diane Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 8

i can't get to the page to see it...says that page doesn't exist. icon_confused.gif

maimai16 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

im going to attach the picture and hope it will work

anyway, are you the one who made that 3d duck? i saw it on youtube... you're really great!

LL

cerobs Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimai16

hi. im a newbie when it comes to celebration cakes. and im planning to make a doll cake using a mmfondant icing. my concern is, how will i make mmfondant not lying flat against the "skirt cake"? ill attach a link to make you guys have a clue in what i am trying to say icon_biggrin.gif (http://funnfunky.co.nz/pages/doll_cakes/doll_thumb_pages/fairy/fairy_pixie_thumbs.htm)
please help me! im desperate.... icon_sad.gif

I have done a cake like this a cople of weeks ago. I will use a wonder pan and I bake a 8in round cake.

maimai16 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:50am
post #5 of 8

maybe you have any tips that you can share to make it almost perfect icon_biggrin.gif

diane Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimai16

Quote:
Quote:

im going to attach the picture and hope it will work

anyway, are you the one who made that 3d duck? i saw it on youtube... you're really great!

i made a 3d duck, but i don't think it's the one you saw on youtube.
as far as the doll goes...make the diameter of the mmf a little bigger than the diameter of the cake and smooth only the top half and let the rest hang while lightly pleating the bottom.

here's my duck.
LL

diane Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 8

duh...i just realized that picture is my avatar. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

maimai16 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:46am
post #8 of 8

thanks diane... about your duck, great job... ive been dying to make 3d cakes.any tips? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%