Cupcake Bouquet....mini Or Regular Size Cupcakes?

Decorating By HokieFan Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm by funbun

HokieFan Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hey everyone! I am making a cupcake bouquet (my first) for my mom's birthday this week. I can't decide whether to use mini or regular size cupcakes. What's your preference? Any other advice for making a cupcake bouquet? Thanks!

5 replies
Lemonydoodles Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 6

I have made them using both sizes together (which is my favorite) and also with each size alone. My personal preference is to use both sizes or just all minis. I'm not sure why...but when I have made them with all regular sized cupcakes they just don't look right. Good Luck!

joaaaann Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 6

I did a regular size 'begonia' cupcake bouquet. I used 'sucker' or 'lollipop sticks' from a local 'cake and candy supply' store. I had no problems with any falling or slipping. It was sturdy for the entire drive when delivered. I put them in the fridge after they were done and pulled them right before the trip a few hours later. Basically make sure you get a styrofoam ball that fits snug into your flower pail and that will raise high enough from bottom to top for your cupcake bottoms to sit on top of after running them down their 'sticks' and eveything else should be just fine.

ShanonR Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 6

I haven't made them with regular size cupcakes, but I have made them with minicupcakes and I was very pleased. Either looks good. Good luck!

poshcakedesigns Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 6

I've tried both but my preference is the 'mini' size. They seem to hold up better for me. For some reason my large cupcakes wouldn't stay on the stick.

funbun Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 6

I have also made them with both sizes, but I think they look better with just mini's.
I also am starting to use half mini and half reg cupcakes. But I make the flowers all different so to get the effect of a mixed boquet of flowers!
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%