Can Someone Help With A Disclaimer Or Something Similar?

Decorating By SScakes Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 7:11am by SScakes

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 10:26am
post #1 of 9

HI,

I hope someone will be able to help. I have a bride sending a relative to collect her wedding cake from me and I would like her to sign 'something' to say that the cake was all fine when she collected and that I will not take responsibility for the cake once it leaves my home. Does anyone have something like this that they will be will to share?

TIA

8 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:22am
post #2 of 9

I would type up a little form say you are releasing this cake to this person and do not hold responsibility to any accidents or damages upon delivery you sign it and the person delivering it sign it and dates it and put pick up time on it Good Luck

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:32am
post #3 of 9

Does this help?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

This is to verify that the cake purchased by (client's name), which is being picked up by me, is in good condition at the time of receipt, and that since(your name or business name) is not delivering the cake, they will not be held liable for any damages which occur once the cake leaves the premises.

Name________________________________ Date and Time___________

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 9

I' like to use that

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 9

In my contract I have a disclaimer that says I am not responsible for any damage done to the cake after delivery is made or once it is picked up at my place. I would suggest you put this disclaimer on all cakes, not just the ones being picked up.

Once the cake leaves my hands, whether I deliver it or the customer picks it up, it's no longer my responsibility.

playingwithsugar Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 9

Do any of you pros photograph your cakes after they are delivered? A pro told me that she photographs her cakes, not just the display, but close-ups, too, to prove that the cake was in good condition when delivered.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 9

I don't mean to sound negative, but really what does a picture prove that shows the cake setup. Isn't it possible that it could still fall (not from any fault except instability) after you leave? How do you prove or disprove that the falling cake was not your fault?

I'm just asking because I always wonder what I would do if someone's cake fell after I left it. How could I tell if it fell from some fault of mine or theirs?

playingwithsugar Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 9

Good point, Patty, and that's why I am asking the pros here what they do.
I know the close-ups she takes are to prove that there are no finger marks or bumps in the icing when the cake is delivered.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:11am
post #9 of 9

Thanks Playingwithsugar, that is exactly what I was looking for. Simple and to the point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%