Big Event I Dont Know Where To Start?!?!

Decorating By XoGuitarChefoX Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 1:30am by XoGuitarChefoX

XoGuitarChefoX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
XoGuitarChefoX Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:41am
post #1 of 8

ok, so my church is asking me to do 5 12X8 cakes for the seniors at our church. There is suppose to be at least 240+ people and i dont know what to do. I've never done this before for 240 people so im kindof freaking out. They told me that the tables are black with fish bowls and those glass marbles in them, but thats it. i have no idea for a theme... anybody got any ideas? or done this b4?

THANKS!!!!
nat

7 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:55am
post #2 of 8

Is it for Seniors in High School are Seniors in school?

Molly2

XoGuitarChefoX Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:59am
post #3 of 8

its a seniors in high school.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 8

1st of all I think you mean 12x*18* cakes as 12x8s won't come close to serving 240 peopleicon_smile.gif
Will these cakes go one each table?
I think I would as some more ?s....What is the event? Any decorating help there?
To make the decorating surface smaller make a plaque area - can be any shape but think of measuring in 2" from the edge and p[iping a border around it. Now your decorating doesn't have to fill the whole cake. In the spece between the inside edgeing and the edges of the cake you can sprinkle jimmies or pipe cornelli.
You could also go w/balloons instead - piped icing balloons OR make them stand up by attaching dried fondant to sucker sticks pushed into the icing.

O.k. I now see it's for high school seniors. Totally differenticon_smile.gif Make some fondant fish -- oooohhhh I'm picturing a fish sheet cake that was on a MBN mag a couple of yrs back. They used FBCT - it was very colorful. That might be a great way to help bring some color into their black/fish bowl decorations.
There was a thread some weeks ago about sheet cakes....it's very long - post your favorite sheet cake and people posted all kinds of sheet ideas found in the galleries and on the web. You might get some great ideas there. HTH

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:06am
post #5 of 8

You could start with the school colors and throw in the mascot I take it this is a graduation type thing

Molly2

XoGuitarChefoX Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 8

thanks for the ideas! i'm still thinking about that i should do stripes since guys and girls will like them. i cant do school mascots because there are a variety of hs seniors at our church, although i wish i could icon_sad.gif.
the fish idea is also a good one!! thanks for the replies!

Nat

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 8

For my sister's HS graduation, a group of her friends had a huge party. They were all from different schools, so the cake was one long sheet cake w/silhouettes (side view) of the graduates face w/the cap.

Since it was five schools, the cake lady did each silhouette in one of the five school colors.

You could do something like that and then write each school's name on it. And depending upon how many seniors it's for you could even write each kid's name.

XoGuitarChefoX Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #8 of 8

that is a good idea, but we have at least 10 different schools at our church and at least 100 hs seniors so that would take forever. lol. that would look awesome!! maybe next year i could do that!
- thanks -

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%