Marshmellow Fondant Made From Marshmellow Cream

Decorating By susanscakebabies Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 2:20am by susanscakebabies

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 6

I just wanted to share some of my recent discoveries with you. I am not sure if this is common knowlefge but it is sure news to me. I had a cake recently in which it needed to be vegetarian. I thought sure no problem. Well I guess a serious vegatarian wont eat gelatin. So I still thought no worries. Well come to find out there is gelatin in a marshmellow. So I had to either find vegatarian marshmellows( you can order them on line) or use marshmellow cream. Well it makes great fondant. You just need to make sure it sets up for at least a day. I found that it covers a cake crease free much easier then regular fondant. Though I also found it is much harder to mold and you need to put a hardener in it to make it workable, it just stays too soft.
Anyway thought I would share.

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 6

Did you use the recipe that is in the Recipe section here at CC, or did you use your own concoction?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

anitadoskas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anitadoskas Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 6

I too would love to know what recipes was used. I have been using Rhonda's MMF and love it but love to try different recipes.

thanks
anita

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 6

I thought marshmallow cream had eggs in it? My aunt's a vegetarian and won't eat eggs. Just my 2 cents.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 6

The ingredients for Marshmallow Fluff are not on the website, but the online recipes for marshmallow creme that I looked at all have egg white in them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:20am
post #6 of 6

Mostly vegans wont eat eggs. Most vegatarians will, that is a big differnce. A vegan will not eat any meat or meat by product. A vegatarian will eat things like eggs milk cheese. ETC.
I couldnt find the recipe on here. I thought it was here but I just made it with a large jar of marshmellow cream and about 3/4 of a 2lb bag of PS then 1 tsp flavor. I mixed it in the mixer with the blade and then when all the sugar and marshmellow were crumbled together I dumped it on the counter and kneaded till it came together and added more powdered sugar as nec. to get the right consitancy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%