I Am Just So Tired Of Baking :-

Decorating By ranbel Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 12:39pm by Mac

ranbel Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 8

Man I wish I didn't have to bake so mucth. I only have one oven and the most I can fit in comfortably are 2 10in side by side.

I just get so tired of spending a whole day of baking...Today I have baked a teddybear cake, now I have a 14in in the oven and have another 14in to go. plus, 2 10ins. to do as well. They may not get baked tonight...I'm just worn out.

During this time today, I had to make up gum paste and cut 16 3x3in squares to make blocks out of...

Just letting out a little stress, wish I had someone to do all the baking and I could just decorate...wouldn't that be a dream come true icon_lol.gif

7 replies
busymom9431 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 8

Just an off the wall question..........Do you think you are getting paid enough to do these cakes or is that part of the frustation? IF you aren't charging enough and you raised your prices there would be less cake to bake but you would be making the same profit? I wish I could say I was that busy. You must be talented! Keep your chin up!

ranbel Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 8

Most of my cakes I do are family or a friend of a family. And as always, they are looking for a break.

The cake I am currently working on today is for my stepdaughter's babyshower for next weekend. So, of course, it is at my expense.

It's just difficult working a full time job and trying to fit these projects in on the weekends.

Anyone out there by frozen cakes?? just wondering, if it might be worth the sanity.

indydebi Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 8
Originally Posted by ranbel

Most of my cakes I do are family or a friend of a family. And as always, they are looking for a break.

Family Member: "We dont' have much money .... can we get it really cheap?"

Debi's Husband's BRilliant Response: "We don't have much money either ... that's why we don't discount."

ranbel Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 8

HA HA, that is funny..love that quote icon_lol.gif

Family are your worst customer. They want the most and pay the least.
But, ya gotta luv em.

Anyone out there purchase frozen cakes??? Winn Dixie, Sams and places like that have to get them from some where...I know Winn Dixie don't cook thiers, not sure about the others.

xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:57am
post #6 of 8

Just a thought....

If your just doing this for family & friends would it be possible to get them to bake the cake and you decorate? (That's of course assuming that they know how!) icon_biggrin.gif

craftyone65 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 7:11am
post #7 of 8

The problem with buying frozen cakes is then yours would taste like a publix or walmart cake. I love to bake ....wish I lived closer. I bake my cakes and give them away free too for the practice. (with the higher prices I'll be buying dummy cakes later this monthicon_smile.gif

Mac Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:39pm
post #8 of 8

I have a friend that is a SAHM. I "hire" her to bake my cakes sometimes. Actually we work it out as an exchange. I do a cheesecake or birthday cake for her at no charge.

One of the stores here will sell me a frozen cake for $4.00 if I am in a pinch (I will only buy those for family, not paying customers).

Quote by @%username% on %date%