Need Chocolate Cake To Die For

Baking By Melan Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm by mommy_of_3_DDs

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 5

I need a very good chocolate cake recipe. Scratch or doctored mix -I don't care. Just something good. I actually made BC mix milk chocolate with some cupcakes for Easter and some idiot asked if I made the "SPICE" cake out of scratch! I said "That's Chocolate" very politely, but wanted to say "That's not spice cake you cake goblin freak!" what an idiot! Everyone else knew they were chocolate though. My husband loves chocolate and I'd love to find a recipe for a killer chocolate cake that I can use for cupcakes. I plan to fill the cupcakes, ice them and also do a chocolate design on top(w/ piped white chocolate). I'm aiming for chocolate over-kill here! Not big on dark chocolate though, just regular chocolate...

4 replies
craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 5

I use the WASC recipe with the chocolate ckae mixes, 6 whole eggs and extra choco powder and it is very moist and very chocolate.

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 5

My family really loves the "Darn Good Chocolate cake" from the Cake Mix Doctor book. I think it's posted in the recipe section here too.....

HTH

Jen

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 5
mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 5

I use Duncan Hines Chocolate fudge; follow the WASC recipe and add in a box of chocolate pudding... Very fudgy cake, that is very firm!

I mix the pudding powder in with the cake mix before following the WASC directions...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%