Hello everyone...I was referred to this site by a buddy of mine who I asked these questions too. She wasn't able to help me but directed me here. Hopefully someone can help me with these
I'm making my son's first birthday cake and need a good recipe for stablizing whipped cream.
OK now these are my questions:
1. For the whipped cream filling I was going to mix in strawberries and add food coloring to make it pink. Do you have any suggestions for adding color to whipped cream?
2. I need a whipped cream recipe and one which shows me how to stablize it.
3. Do you know how long a cake with this type of filling and frosting will last in the refrigerator? I was planing on making it the day before the party...do you think everything will hold 'til then?
4. Will fondant stick to whipped cream? I wanted to make a few decorations out of fondant but don't know if they will stick and not fall out.
5. What brands should I use for the materials needed and where can I find them?
I hope I haven't scared you guys away...I have no idea what I'm doing so I have lots of questions. Thank you all!
Hi and Welcome, Dru329.
Link to CC acronyms:
Stabilized whipped cream recipes:
Whipped cream (and cream cheese) frosting recipe:
Mixing the strawberries with the whipping will add a lot of moisture to the whipping cream.
I'd recommend putting down a layer of whipping cream and covering with sliced strawberries. (Don't sugar the strawberries as this will draw the moisture from the berries and dilute your whipping cream.)
Fresh strawberries filling threads:
Whipping cream will take pastel shades, and should keep in the 'fridge for a day.
However, fondant will melt into whipped cream frosting (too much moisture).
Thank you so much JanH for coming to my resue...I've read the posts and they've been very helpful. What an awsome site!