My New Site!

Business By Kitagrl Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 5:13pm by tonedna

Kitagrl Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:24am
post #1 of 12

I've had a website for almost five years now, but it was one I made myself using FrontPage. Well now I got someone who actually knows how to build a real site, LOL, and he just got my NEW site up and running today! Check it out if you have time! Its the web link in my profile.

11 replies
Shamitha Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 7:57am
post #2 of 12

I think it looks great. You have some awecome cakes there! thumbs_up.gif

miss_sweetstory Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:40am
post #3 of 12

Your site looks great. I really like what you had to say in the "About Me" sounds very sincere, and strikes just the right note. (Plus, your cakes are lovely!)

bashini Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:57am
post #4 of 12

Your web site is great. That person has done a good job. AND your cake are Fantastic. I like it!

Erdica Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:29am
post #5 of 12

Great site. Very nice and easy layout.

Side question....I saw the labels you have for your sample boxes. What labels are you using? If you don't mind sharing.

KeltoKel Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:49am
post #6 of 12

Your cakes are just amazing. You have some of the neatest and most creative cakes I have ever seen! I love the site too! What I would give to watch you do a cake! (I live in Downingtown, PA so it's a small world).

indydebi Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 12

What a beautiful display of cakes!

Just curious .... why do you have checks made out to you personally instead of to your business name?

Kitagrl Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks so much, all! I still have to edit some of the gallery photos and things, (he left me some parts that I actually know how to do! which is fine, I like to have a little control over the site!) but its basically done.

Thanks for the compliment about the "About Me" page....I was not sure about it because my degree is in education, not pastry chef LOL so I really don't have "credentials" other than just time and the one year working at the mansion. But people are always asking me questions so I figured I"d have to put something on the site. I'm glad it sounds okay.

The labels on the boxes...those are actually small individual wedding cakes used as favors, and the labels were ordered online by the customer. Sorry I'm not more help there. I'm sure there are some custom label websites that can help you.

Thanks again! I'm so excited to have a more "modern" website.

aprilcake Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #9 of 12

beautiful site...i need to figure out a slide show type thing for my pictures like you have! Love it!

snowboarder Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #10 of 12

It's lovely!

Kitagrl Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #11 of 12
Originally Posted by indydebi

What a beautiful display of cakes!

Just curious .... why do you have checks made out to you personally instead of to your business name?

Thank you so much! I do need to fix up my gallery a bit yet.

I do not have a business account at our bank and have learned the hard way that I cannot cash checks made out to "Cakes by Suzy". I am not a big enough business to where I want to do that yet...Most of the cashflow goes through my Paypal business account or cash...the few checks I get I just want made out to me so I can cash them or put them in our own bank acct. I keep records on cashflow of course but I just haven't opened a business bank acct. When I start getting famous I'll have to do that. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:13pm
post #12 of 12

I love the website!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%