Need Advice Regarding Cake Biz Name

Business By mija10417 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 7:38pm by mija10417

mija10417 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:32am
post #1 of 3

Here's the deal, I've decided on a name that I absolutely love because it has special meaning to me. The problem is it starts with the word Pink. I also live in the same state as the "Pink Cake Box". Now granted, I've only sold two cakes so far and don't even have any pending orders! So no, I'm not competition to them in any shape or form. But being they're so famous in NJ, would it seem ridiculous to have a name also starting with Pink?

2 replies
kimberlina25 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:34am
post #2 of 3

now this is just my opinion, but i don't think its an issue. My name starts with Sweet, if I had to change my name because another biz also has sweet in its name, there would be no names left.

that being said, if you are down the street from pink cake box, that might not be best for you, people calling you looking for them, if you are towns away, i don't think it would be an issue at all.

mija10417 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 3

Yes we are in different counties and as of now I'm not even legal so won't really be advertising too much. Just want something I could give to my "word of mouth" clients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%