50Th Birthday Many Hats Cake?

Decorating By jene4 Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 7:26pm by kakeladi

jene4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jene4 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:25am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I'm doing a 50th birthday cake for a state representative. I was told that he is a former pro baseball player, is a school superintendent, was a high school wrestler, is going to be a grandfather soon . . . I originally thought the pro baseball player theme would be cute. When I mentioned a baseball hat type cake the lady who placed the order suggested "many hats" going uphill to the number 50 and then a downhill slide on the other side?? I really can't invision this. Does anyone have any ideas!!! Has anyone ever done a bunch of different hats on a cake before? I'd appreciate any ideas!

4 replies
msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5

I wonder if your customer would go for more of a road of life kind of cake. I have one in my gallery for a guy named Robban who turned 40. You could incorporate all kinds of stuff- not just hats. Road signs and such would be way more fun than just a bunch of hats....superintendants don't wear hats as part of their job so that would be hard...wrestlers wear head gears...also a bit hard to translate into cake.

Sorry I am not much help- this is a tough one.

-Michelle

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 5

When i read your post, I immediately thought of the road of life cake too!

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 5

How big of a cake?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 5

For a road of life cake use a horseshoe pan; cut it in 1/2 and reposition the pieces for a sort of loose zigzag. You could put a mini doll skirt (or cupcake) in the center and have both themes in oneicon_smile.gif
For the hats, I'd use choco transfers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%