Need Ideas For A Preschool Graduation

Decorating By jmarks Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 8:57pm by ccr03

jmarks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmarks Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 12:36am
post #1 of 8

What would you do for a preschool graduation party? I volunteered to make a cake for my daughters preschool class, but I don't really have any great ideas.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 8

It might depend on how formal the occasion is.

My son's pre-k graduation was very informal, a cookout following an outside program by the kids.

Cupcakes are awfully nice because there is no cutting & you could decorate them very nicely.

I made the cupcakes in ice cream cones (pic in my photos) for my son's kindergarten class this year & they loved them.

Good Luck!

Good luck!

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 8

I am also looking for any great ideas for the same event. At my son's school it will be a formal event with parents and grandparents, etc. approx. 200 people. It will need to be huge and they're expecting "awesome". So.....

Bump.....

....help us out here

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 7:04am
post #4 of 8

I don't know if they have done this for the pre-schoolers of the schools you are the cakes for or not...but at my grand daughters pre school, they took a picture at the start of school of each child.

If this was done at your schools...you could get a copy of each of them, make a edible image of the pics, then place them around the cake. Would work real well with a 2 or 3 teir cake...then do a topper with something like the "Class of 2008"....maybe even make some graduation caps and little diplomas to here and there on the cake.

Or you make diplomas to put on the cake with each child's name of them, make some of graduation caps to place on and around the cake...the do a topper of a diploma that is unrolled, with the words on it "Graduation Class Of 2008". Hope this helps or can help you come up with some ideas. Good Luck!

God Bless,
Sharon

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #5 of 8

I had thought about the edible pic images and that's probably the direction I will go... thank you!

jmarks... have you come up with any ideas?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 8

I've done a few cakes for preschool graduation....one which was sorta formal and the other fun...I'll try and attach the pics...
LL
LL

jmarks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmarks Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 8

Those are nice cakes Kiddiekakes!

Littlebigmomma--I like the idea of the edible image pic too. My MIL offered to make one for me if I had a picture of the class, but it turns out our preschool party will be shared with another class so I won't be able to do the EI photo. The only thing I think I would like to for sure do is incorporate each kids name on the cake some how. I better get thinking!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 8

I just recommended this cake on another post for another idea, but I just really like it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=541233

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%