Preval Sprayer 3.48 @ Home Depot

Decorating By RisqueBusiness Updated 30 Jun 2014 , 3:28am by Chef Margaret

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 5:47pm
post #31 of 39

I got a Badger airbrush kit for Christmas. Is there any difference in how this operates compared to the Preval? Food safety aside. Moydear? Anyone?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:04pm
post #32 of 39

There's a huge world of difference between using a Preval sprayer (point, press, spray) and an airbrush. Roland Winbeckler has a how-to book on using an airbrush, available here.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:21pm
post #33 of 39

As to the question of petroleum derivatives ending up in our food.......

Many, if not most, of the artificial colors and flavors we are using that are FDA approved are petroleum derivatives..... If we are using those, it it hard to see what is so bad about this.

These have been implicated in the high rates of hyperactivity, ADD, and ADHD in the US today, but most people don't know this, because the food industry lobbyists are very powerful and the voices in opposition don't get through.

Jopalis Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:27pm
post #34 of 39

The Badger is canned air too.... as Moydear spoke of above.... Just wondering if the Badger canned air with airbrush is different than the Preval...?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 8:55pm
post #35 of 39

I can't speak to the different way the Badger may work with it's canned air vs. the Preval.

I can tell you that I e-mailed Badger and they do not advise/want/expect using their product (canned air) on food for consumption.

Their propellants may be the same base product used in OTHER food safe products, but they are not food safe, either in content or by delivery system.
Rae

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 9:06pm
post #36 of 39

A.C. Moore has a 50% off coupon running now I think, in my area anyway. It would be worth it to spend $100-150, (instead of $300+)on a complete set then pay $5 on one that will barely finish a project.

Jopalis Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 11:30pm
post #37 of 39

At this point I may just use for decoration purposes and not to be eaten...

Jopalis Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 11:32pm
post #38 of 39

Would like a coupon for those kakes ones people rave about so much but I bet they never have coupons for them... I am in L.A. area....

Chef Margaret Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef Margaret Posted 30 Jun 2014 , 3:28am
post #39 of 39

AWhat edible colorant do you use for this sprayer? Would like to get one, but not sure what type od colorant to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%