Hey Everyone Its Chez!

Decorating By Chezerai Updated 10 Jan 2007 , 1:22pm by Chezerai

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone-
Hope all is well with most of you! I just wanted to give you'll a update on whats been going on with me. Well lets see where do I begin...lol December has been by far one of the most bussiest(sp) months in doing cakes. I thought God I thank you but is my mixer going to ever rest! I love the fact that I got my first wedding cake order within my first year of doing cakes. That also happened in December. It was a small cake for 150 people simple designs with a fountain in between the last two tiers. Not really that much stress, but I loved it. Also I have some new area cake buddies who go to my church. We talk almost daily whether its cake or the goodness of God. She has an awesome pound cake recipe but I know that she'll never give it to me. All I know is that its the basic recipe with your 6 eggs, 2 sticks of butter, 3 cups flour and sugar and I dont know how much Crisco she uses in it. I am yet praying. I did so many variations of this recpie but each failed and none tasted as good as hers. If anyone has any input I will be more than happy to take it. In our small town if you dont know how to make a good pound cake with simple decorations your not going to work. WRONG....I make cakes all the time using DH butter recipie. Everyone raves about it all the time. But if I ever found the right pound cake recipe with the help of you all...bye bye Duncan. Well thats it for me now guys. I hope all of us have a good year in cake and in the Lord. Have to finish a project for teacher cadet class.

Be Blessed
CDM

4 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome back and congratulations on your first wedding cake. Sounds like you are doing very well. I don't have any suggestions on the pound cake, but good luck.

Cindy

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 5

Sounds like you've been busy...good for you! I don't have any pound cake recipes but if you google "pound cake recipe"...you'll find tons. I would make a few experiments using different amounts of Crisco...

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 9 Jan 2007 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 5

I wouldn't bother trying to "cut into" your friends pound cake business especially if you are doing so well with your version of the DH mix!

I mean think about it, when they want pound cake they can go to her..when they want something else ..they can call you

That way, everybody wins and there is enough business for everyone!!

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 5

thanks everyone! much love to you guys

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%