Which Cake Mag. Do You Recommend?

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 5:49am by leily

wgoat5 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 6

I would love to subscribe to one... I am not a real big time Wedding cake person but I would love to have a mag to be able to go to to see all different kinds of cakes icon_smile.gif

Any you recommend and are their shops and such in the back of the mag?

Thank you

5 replies
moxey2000 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 6

I like Mailbox News and American Cake Decorating. They're a little pricey, for 6 issues a year, but I love getting them and I think they're worth it.

TooMuchCake Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 6

I think the two Moxey suggested are about all there are printed in the US. ACD is better than MBN, I think.

I like Wedding Cakes: A Design Source. It's printed in the UK and I get it at Barnes and Noble. It's not a monthly, and it's expensive, but I pour over each page and use them a lot when I have bridal consults. Martha Stewart wedding magazines usually have nice pictures of cakes in them, too.

jackie64 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 6

Im with Moxey I love Mailbox News and American Cake Decorating both. Mailbox News has all styles of cakes , a lot of amatuer cake decorators and they publish a lot of cake photos as well. American Cake Decorating is more on the professional side I guess you would say , They feature a lot of the bigger name people in the cake world but some of the cakes they feature an amatuer could do as well . They have cake decorating websites and advertisements for supplies as well in both magazines, One or both you wont regret getting a mag.

wgoat5 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:34am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all for your wonderful responses!!!!

leily Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:49am
post #6 of 6

I absolutely love Wedding Cakes A Design source. There is nothing traditional about all of them, so if you like doing tiered cakes you can use them for any event.

It is put out by Squires Kitchen in the UK, they actually have a few and my other favorite one is Contemporary Wedding cakes. You can get them at Barnes and Noble or Border (Waldenbooks) when they come out, they are issued every 3 or 4 months depending on which one, but they are ALL cake.

And there are even some by people here on CC shown in there!! I can look through and say I "know" that person icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%