Teen Needing Help!

Decorating By -FireBabii- Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 12:22am by Bossy

-FireBabii- Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 11

I am a teen working on my freshmen report essay. I chose my favorite hobby, cake decorating. I am having trouble finding information. If you have any topics for with in my paper and/or websites I can use, please help.

**Firebabii**

10 replies
pastryjen Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not quite sure what kind of topic you need but, off the top of my head...
how to start a decorating business from home (in your town) - rules and regulations
Why you shouldn't skimp (go cheap) on your wedding cake.
The route you would take to have a career in cake decorating...what schools, courses you would want to take and what courses you need to take in high school to get there.
choose someone on this site and interview them about their business

If I think of more, I'll post again.

awolf24 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 11

You could even describe the process - from baking the cakes and making icing, to cooling, assembly, icing smooth, decorating details, even to directions about how to cut it.

What kind of "report" is it supposed to be? What are the length requitements!

Sounds like sort of a fun paper to write (considering you have to write one at all)!

-FireBabii- Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

You could even describe the process - from baking the cakes and making icing, to cooling, assembly, icing smooth, decorating details, even to directions about how to cut it.

What kind of "report" is it supposed to be? What are the length requitements!

Sounds like sort of a fun paper to write (considering you have to write one at all)!

My paper doesn't have any length requirements, but considering it's near the end of the year, it's worth a big grade.

Thank you for the ideas. I really appreciate it

pastryjen Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 11

You've got me all excited now about a paper! I'd love to read it when you've finished!

yummymummy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 11

What a great way to get "cake civilians" (indydebi!) to understand the cake biz and why we charge what we charge! I hope you ace it! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Cyndi1207 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 11

Ohhhhhh that's a good one..........."why we charge what we charge"........give an understanding of everything that goes into it.

-FireBabii- Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:59pm
post #8 of 11

I don't know if anyone is still reading this topic or not.

I have my paper all written, and I have to have a demo.

I am going to bake a cake and decorate it as part of my demo, but I need a design that would show many techniques in it.

If you have any ideas for me, please reply

**Firebabii**

becky27 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:08am
post #9 of 11

did you mention specific techniques in the paper and now you need to know how to demonstrate them??? or are you asking for some techniques to use??? i am unclear....

Doug Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:17am
post #10 of 11

if you have taken Wilton courses....the old final course 3 cake would work well.

2 tiers separated on pillars.

can do fondant on one tier
BC on the other

all kinds of border possibilities

could do smooth BC on one tier, basketweave on other.

flowers flowers and more flowers or butterflies or..

inspiration:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=course+3

Bossy Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:22am
post #11 of 11

Would it be okay to mention how you need all the skills you learn at school do do cakes! Math for billing, banking, geometry for portions and designing archictectual supports, Reading- recipes and intructions, Writing- descriptions for adds, websites, and writing on cake directly, Art- design layout and color combinations, P.E.- cakes are heavy and you need strong fingers to pipe and roll frosting, Music- HMMMM sign while you work! Just a thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%