Chocolate Icing That Doesn't Need Refridgeration

Baking By milakat2 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm by Melan

milakat2 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone has an awesome Chocolate Icing that doesn't need Refridgeration or can recommend one from the recipe section?

4 replies
mcdonald Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 5

I usually just use my typical buttercream recipe and add cocoa powder for chocolate. I usually have to add some more liquid to adjust the extra powder I am adding.

I have also made a chocolate fudge buttercream that uses cocoa powder and hot fudge sauce!! YUMMY... I think I found it on this site... I have to go look

smbegg Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 5

Pretty much any chocolate icing doesn't need refridgeration. The only one that I know of is ganache, and even that has alot of shelf stability. I really like adding cocoa powder to BC and then using Hershey's syrup as the liquid. Makes it a nice chocolate brown color.

Stephanie

milakat2 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! The chocolate sauce and syrup sounds awesome!

Melan Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 5

I too use Hot Fudge sauce in regular butter cream. I use either Hershey's or Smuckers Hot Fudge topping that is intended for icecream. I add around half a cup to the buttercream, more or less to taste. It will still crust for me and my hubby loves it! Let us know what you decide to use and how it turns out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%