Tiered Cake - What Sizes?

Decorating By DeezCakes Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm by pjaycakes

DeezCakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing the cake for a friend's wedding. I will be having centerpiece cakes for each of the tables, and I was going to make a tiered cake for the bride and groom for the cake-cutting pictures (this cake would also serve the attendants).

My question is this: the cake does not need to serve many people (less than 20), but I really want the cake pictures to turn out well for the Bride and Groom. Which cake sizes do you think would be best. I wanted it to be a 3-tiered cake. The design is simple. Gerbera Daisy bouquet on the top, ribbon around the base of each tier, and one or two gerbera daisies on each tier as well.

2 replies
ccr03 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 3

If the cake is only to serve at most 20 people, I don't think a 3-tiered cake is going to be possible - especially with the decor that you want to do.

I use Earlene's serving chart, so I would do a 2-tiered, 8" and 6". This would give you 23 servings, a little more than you need, but the only thing I could think of. This is a baby shower cake I did that are those dimensions.

pjaycakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 3

You could make on or more of the tiers dummy cakes. Do they want to keep the top for their anniversary? If so, then make the 10" a dummy and make the 8" (24 servings) for the guests and the 6" cake for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%