Desperate For Cake Plateau Supplier

Business By Antgirl Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm by MessiET

Antgirl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 15

I am trying to purchase a 14" square cake plateau (a silver one) for a wedding on May 17th. Galasource.com has them but there is a note that says the vendor won't ship for 30 days, which cuts it a little close.
I have looked all over the place online -- does anyone have a suggestion for other suppliers?
Thanks!
Susan

14 replies
cupcakers Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 15

I was just looking at some on ebay.Good Luck

wethreec Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 15

Have you thought about renting one. I am doing a wedding in August and the bride is wanting her cake to be on a silver square plateau and I have decided to rent for now. Cheaper than buying one, since I just do this on the side for fun. HTH.

michellenj Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 15

Have you tried cakesbysam.com? Or amybe you could rent one?

MessiET Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 15

You might want to call Galasource's customer service and see if there is anything they can do...

Home trends also has them (you can go through Amazon). Those were the places with more reasonable prices.

There is also wedding cake stands dot net and wedding cake stands dot com. They were a little higher priced.

Jenn2179 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 15

I got mine at weddingcakestands.com and they cam right away.

Denae Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #7 of 15

i bought my 14in plateau (silver) from a place called hobby lobbt, not sure if they have where you are from. but, i had a 50% off coupon and i got it for $40. hth.

lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 15

I bought mine at http://www.save-on-crafts.com/castroraweca.html and I love it. Especially since it isn't too high. If you look in my cake photos you can see it. Hope this helps.

Denae Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 15

also, if you decide to buy one, you can also rent them out to your customers for like $35. by the time you rent it out 4 times, you have made your money back, verses tryin to rent one from someone else everytime.

CelebrationCakery Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:26pm
post #10 of 15

There was a thread a while back with this site too...I had it in my favorites for when I need it but have not personally used them...www.myironfurniture.com
and they are under cake plateau

nyyankeeinkc Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:10am
post #11 of 15

I ordered 2 from weddingcakestands.com this week. I ordered on Tuesday and they were delivered on Thursday with free shipping. The customer service was so great as well and the plateaus are even more gorgeous than I hoped!

acookieobsession Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:29pm
post #12 of 15

try cake art party storecom in atlanta

Jodiey Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 9:54pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankeeinkc

I ordered 2 from weddingcakestands.com this week. I ordered on Tuesday and they were delivered on Thursday with free shipping. The customer service was so great as well and the plateaus are even more gorgeous than I hoped!

I'm looking on weddingcakestands.com, did you order the silver plated or nickel? I'm not sure which would be better.

nyyankeeinkc Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:53am
post #14 of 15

I ordered both the silver plated and the brass- both are unbelieveably beautiful. Very bright and shiny!

MessiET Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm
post #15 of 15

I had initially ordered mine from Gala source and after waiting a couple of weeks decided to cancel the order since they could not say for certain how long before the plateaus would ship.

I then ordered the same plateaus through Amazon (home trends is their vendor) and they shipped them the same day I ordered them! I would recommend them! I have received my plateaus and they are so pretty! I can't wait to use them on my SIL wedding cakes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%