Ronald Mcdonald House - Carnival Theme Cake

Decorating By Suzanne515 Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 11:46pm by Marysmom

Suzanne515 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzanne515 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 4

HELP!!!! My high school students are providing a dinner at the Ronald McDonald house. Their theme is "An Afternoon at a Carnival". I'm donating a cake for dessert and am a total loss for an idea. It can not have fondant, needs to serve 50, and once I take it to school, it will travel by school bus without me. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

3 replies
poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 4

If you have access to an edible image printer maybe you could find some royalty free clipart online and put together a carnvial theme. That way you could use a sheet or round cake and it would travel pretty easy. And maybe on the sides put some icing clowns like the ones shown on the Wilton website?

mosweettreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mosweettreats Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 4

Wow, well what I would say is go with something simple that won't turn over on the cake while travelling. How about do some clowns out of buttercream and then see if you can buy a toy ferris wheel to put on the cake. And just add some other ideas from a Carnival. You should be able to get away with a half sheet cake if you don't want to do a full sheet. Cause you can figure not everyone is gonna want cake. I did a 1/2 sheet for about 75 people and it was fine. Good Luck! icon_cool.gif

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 4

How about popcorn cupcakes. Or maybe a popcorn cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1186760.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%