Starting My 3Rd Bear!

Decorating By mommabuda Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 11:52pm by tracey1970

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 4

WHAT A DISASTER! So I made 2 3D bears yesterday... the first one has a crack on the side that goes to about the middle of the cake... I could use it but I'm so worried it's going to fall apart... the 2nd one, I used the "durable 3D" recipe on here and someone said that they only use one cake mix for the bear so I did... I got half of a bear! ONE CAKE MIX IS NOT ENOUGH! I've done this stupid bear before 3 times (once for my own shower, once for a practice and once for someone else's shower and NEVER had issues like this!) The lady I'm doing it for is picking it up in 10 hours so I have to go to the grocery store, remake the 3D cake with TWO cake mixes, PRAY to God it works and then decorate yet. It is NOT my week for making cakes! And I'm attempting the toilet cake tomorrow. I just want to cry!!!

3 replies
Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 4

Are you using the instructions for this pan? I just now saw your posts about the troubles with having enough batter using just one cake mix. I just checked my instructions for this pan and it says you need 6 2/3 cups batter. No doubt that is more than one cake mix.

It suggests using a pudding in the mix type cake mix. So that would be Pillsbury or Betty Crocker and their mixes make the least amount of batter. Just measure your batter and you should be fine.

And follow the cooling instructions carefully. You should be fine. I'm sorry you're having such troubles with the bear pan. You're not alone. That pan can be a tough one.

Good luck with #3.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, I think it's working this time... probably about 15 more minutes and I should find out for sure. I'm using DH though but I'm using the 3D durable recipe on here so adding pudding mix, sour cream, egg whites, water & oil. I knew that one cake mix wasn't going to be enough but for some reason I trusted that person that said that... dumb me... lol.

The best part about all this is I told the lady to pay me whatever she wants... I swear, if she hands me $10, I'll cry! Besides the bear, she's getting 2 dozen baby bottle cookies. Ugh!!!

And to top this day off, I woke up this morning, went in our living room and our pet parrot was lying dead on the bottom of her cage. It is not a good day. icon_cry.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 4

So sorry to hear about your parrot. There's nothing like the loss of a pet, is there? My sympathies ....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%