Help Not Sure What's Going On!!!

Decorating By CINDY1956 Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 4:47pm by tiggy2

CINDY1956 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:21am
post #1 of 7

I need some HELP, I thought tonight I'd do a test run with my edible images on the BC that I'm using on the cake tommorrow... I have 12 images to put on, so I put some icing on a lid and put my image on and with in 20 minute the thing is starting to bleed, and colors are running together and you can read it any more either... they were little seed packets...I'm using Julie's lee sweet buttercream recipe that's from here.
What's going on, does anyone have a clue????
Thet are Icing sheets from KK and I did the business size and then cutting a little off...
Thanks Cindy

6 replies
tobycat Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:27am
post #2 of 7

Definitely sounds like too much moisture in the icing. I don't know the recipe though -- is it a crusting bc?

aztomcat Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:29am
post #3 of 7

I've only used the edible images twice, but I smoothed my icing and let it crust before adding the image.

Does your recipe crust? If not, I'd recommend using one that does.

I think your icing may be too wet.

CINDY1956 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:34am
post #4 of 7

Yes, it's suppose to be a crusting, at the bottom of the recipe(at the bottom of the page) she says it crusts and can you the Viva method on it...so that's crusting right?

CINDY1956 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:39am
post #5 of 7

I just re-read the recipe again, yes it is crusting....
Another thing, this filling in this cake will need to be refreg..
Do you guys put cakes in the refreg. with the images and will the moisture hurt it when it comes out and sits?

tobycat Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:35am
post #6 of 7

If it's crusting, and you let it crust, then it shouldn't be a problem, so maybe it's the sheet?

I've never had one bleed before -- did you put any sort of liquid underneath it?

Viva means it's crusting, yes.

I've never put one in the fridge because if there's condensation, it will bleed. You can just pop it on about 1/2 before you need to deliver it.

Hope this helps.

S.

tiggy2 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:47pm
post #7 of 7

Moisture is not friendly to edible images. If you get the littlest bit on them they will bleed. Maybe there was some moisture on the lid or did you use water to adhear the image?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%