Pan Size For Monster Truck Cake

Decorating By heinrich143 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 3:03pm by leily

heinrich143 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:05am
post #1 of 3

I need suggestions on pan sizes for a monster truck cake. And I suppose any other ideas anyone has about supports for wheels and such....anything would be helpful....Thanks!

2 replies
beachcakes Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #2 of 3

How many servings do you need?

You could support the truck body by having the cake on a board and hot glue the 3" wilton pillars to it. You can make fondant wheels or use donuts even.

leily Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 3

Pan sizes is really going to depend on how many you want to serve.

I can give you details for the one in my photos which serves about 30 ppl.

I use a 12x18 pan and cut it into 1/3's so I have (3) 6x12 pieces of cake. I then stack and carve.

I used some floral foam about 6x12x3 wrapped in freezer paper as my support (you can see in my photos of the monster truck cake)

I then used rice krispy treats formed in a 4" comfort grip cookie cutter covere in chocolate or buttercream (I have made multiples and the chocolate was WELL received!) as the wheels and attached them to the floral foam base w/a tooth pick and some buttercream.

If you have any more questions please let us know.

Oh you can also use the 3" wilton pillars just make sure you plan in advance so you can "glue" your wilton pillars to your board and serving plate with royal icing and allow it to dry long enough so it won't move. I did the baby bassinet cake in my photos this way.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%