Need Idea W/ 40Th B-Day Cake

Decorating By mosweettreats Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 4:22am by mosweettreats

mosweettreats Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 5

I have to do a 40th B-day cake for my sister's party this weekend, but I didn't really care for any of the cakes I saw in the gallery. Anyone have any other suggestions. By the way I'm still a beginner in the decorating department.

Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
hoped Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 5

Can you incorporate some of your sister's favorite things? Make a cake with her favorite colors/flowers/hobbies on it? Check the gallery by searching for things she enjoys to give you more ideas!

beachcakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 5

Wow! 21,000 cakes in the Birthday Gallery and you didn't like any of them? icon_lol.gif I'm just teasing!

If you don't want to do an over the hill theme (there is also an over the hill gallery), i agree with hoped - do a cake of something she enjoys! That'll make her day!

kakeladi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 5

Go generic.......do you want to emphesize(sp) her age?
Have you seen the bra idea in the gallery?
There is always balloons, clowns or candles as the theme.
Is she a 'frilly' gal? Lace pieces, pink, cornelli lace? Cowgirl? Give us some idea of what she's like - what she really likes.

mosweettreats Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:22am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone, well she's very conservative but I was thinking of somehow incorporating the new house she just bought. She's proud to be 40 so don't want to go with the over the hill theme.

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%