Chocolate Pudding As Filling??

Decorating By DebbieHouser Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm by beachcakes

DebbieHouser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbieHouser Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 7

I had a customer ask for Chocolate Pudding as the filling. I tried to push the whipped chocolate ganache but says her family does not like mousse or anything like that. Should I just use instant pudding mix? Maybe with heavy cream? Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

6 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 7

You can use pudding mix as prepared per box directions (I might use less milk than directed to make it a little thicker) but then you will have to keep the cake refrigerated.

Have you ever tried the fillings in the sleeves? You don't have to put those in the fridge and they are really easy. There is a chocolate bavarian cream that is pretty good.

JEM530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JEM530 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 7

I use pudding as a filling alot. I make it with less milk, the box calls for 2 cups I use 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups. Make sure you use a dam around the edge because it definitely leaks out. HTH! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 7

Yep, using pudding means the cake w/have to be refrigerated at all times.
The max time out of frig will be 4 hr - including the time you have to cool the pudding & when working on decorating the cake. Doesn't give the customer much time for serve it......also means can't keep leftovers very long.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 7

Good information! Using less milk is a tip I didn't know about

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:45pm
post #6 of 7

For smaller, family cakes, I've used the pre-made pudding in the cups that you might take to lunch for work/school. I put a super thin layer of BC on the bottom cake so the pudding won't "melt" into the cake and make it soggy, I pipe a thick dam, and I fill in the pudding.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 7

I also recommend the sleeve fillings.
The prepackaged puddings also need to be refrigerated once opened.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%