Never Bake Exhausted!

Decorating By AJsGirl Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 6:09pm by AJsGirl

AJsGirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 10

So last night, I start baking for a 2 tiered topsy turvy due on Saturday. When I got home from work, I got lost in kids' homework, bath time, and bed time, and didn't even get started until 9:30. icon_surprised.gif

I have an endocrine disorder that very often leaves me fatigued, and it's been hitting me hard this week. Hubby warned me to put the cake off until tomorrow, and I should have listened.

The cakes were in the oven, and almost done, so I turned on the oven light to check on them. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif They rose up so high, puffed up like big round Stay-Puff marshmallow men in round cake pans!!! They must have been, like 8 inches tall!! Wha-ha! What happened?? icon_confused.gif So I start screaming, hubby comes and looks in the oven, and starts cracking up laughing. I could have smacked him. icon_evil.gif

I pull them out of the oven, hoping to salvage them, but they fell like soliders jumping out of an airplane. icon_sad.gif Needless to say, I had to scrap the whole thing. By now, it was 12:30 am, and I just gave up and went to bed.

When I got up this morning, I discovered my mistake. I had used baking SODA instead of baking POWDER!! dunce.gifdunce.gif What a stupid mistake!

Oh well, here's to starting over again tonight... icon_cry.gif

9 replies
step0nmi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 10

OMG! icon_surprised.gif That sounds so...funny. icon_lol.gif I am sorry...I guess I am like you DH. I probably would've laughed at MYSELF! But you know...I think the soda/powder thing is a common mistake. I am sorry that happened and that you have to start over. I sure wish you had pics! icon_lol.gif good lucks with the next ones!

WendyLaLa Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 10

It's happen to us all. It is pretty funny though!! Maybe you invented a new recipe..........Irish soda cakes!!!! Good luck tonight!!!!l
LaLa

AJsGirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 10

Well, it IS funny. Today, anyway. icon_lol.gif Shoot! I should have taken pics! Oh well. icon_rolleyes.gif

tippyad Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 10

Well...if it's any consolation you made me laugh! Pics would have been great! Better luck today thumbs_up.gif

Prudence Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 10

AJsGirl-

I have to admit, I laughed too! Especially when you said that about you DH!!

I do a lot of my decorating at night. I have made my share of mistakes, for sure!

It would have been nice to see! Good luck with the next one!

Teekakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 10

Ooooh I am so sorry about your cakes but THANKS for the good laugh!! icon_lol.gif We all have our fair share of dunce.gif 's but hey, look at it as nature's way of telling us something whether it be to go to bed when you feel exhausted or maybe you just needed to make the rest of us laugh!
thumbs_up.gif

Glad you can laugh at it today! thumbs_up.gif

vteventrider Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks for a great laugh. My hubby would have done the same thing too but in reflection it is really funnyicon_smile.gif Get some rest and attack it all again today!

costumeczar Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 10

My husband would have laughed at me, then asked to eat the disaster cake icon_confused.gif

AJsGirl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:09pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

My husband would have laughed at me, then asked to eat the disaster cake

Between my hubby and the two kids, NO cake ever goes to waste in my house! Disaster or not! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%