Copy Write Infringement

Business By andrea7 Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 4:00pm by indydebi

andrea7 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 2

I have a question. I'm looking in my new Knot magazine and there is a add for a photographer in there. I'm looking at the neat pattern of the add a realize that it is the same print (scrap book paper) I just bought from Hobby Lobby. Is this not copy write infringement? I have also seen the use of scrap paper on websites. You would think taking someone else work and using it as your own would be wrong. Anyone every thought about this.

1 reply
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 2

without seeing the ad to know exactly what you mean......

is the scrap paper copyrighted to start with?
did the photographer obtain the necessary license or approvals?
did the photographer claim to have created the paper paper as his own idea?
does the mfg'r of the paper give carte blanc ok to use this pattern? (i.e. my "how to cut a wedding cake" page on my website ... i give a blanket ok for anyone to link to this page)

There are lots of 'behind the scenes' activities that the casual observer may not be aware of.

My daughter is an aspiring photographer. Thru her and my photographer friends, I've learned there are places where you can buy stock photography for use in your ads, biz cards, websites, posters, presentations, etc.

Just because you found the same pattern somewhere else, doesn't necessarily mean this 2nd use of it is wrong or was obtained illegally.

Quote by @%username% on %date%