Ferrero Roche Filling Help!! Need It To Be Creamy?

Decorating By bdrider Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 1:38am by lanuevarepostera

bdrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bdrider Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 22

I am pretty clueless when it comes to creating new recipies and certainly when it comes to dealing with chocolate. I need to make a filling of Ferrero Roches. The customer said she fell in love with them and thats the type of filling she would like.

OK. SO I bought 96 of them an started to try and figure out how to do this to get a consistancy appropriate for the filling.

I started crushing them ina food processor and achieved a nice incing-type consistancy. Then, within a few hours it started to solidify again and now its like a big block of chocolate.

What do I add to make it creamy? I was thinking of adding whipped choc icing ...? I dont want to alter the flavor much but..? There must be some way to make this work.
I hate that i'm such a novice at working with chocolate but ... I am.

Anyone?

21 replies
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 22

are you using ferrero rocher as filling or she wants it to taste like ferrero rocher?

there's a blog about cupcakes and she actually recreated ferrero rocher and made it into cupcakes.

if you're interested it's here http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2007/12/ferrero-rocher-cupcakes-23-karat.html

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 22

Just FYI - Nutella is made by the same company and tastes exactly like the candies, except that it is creamy. You can find it in the grocery store near the PB and jelly.

LOVE the stuff - can't keep it in my house or else I eat it by the spoonful.

bdrider Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 22

WOW!!!!!!
Thats fantastic!!
this totally changes what I may wind up doing for this cake..
Thank you so much!!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 22

That is what CC is for! Glad to help... icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 22

awolf24, i LOVE nutella too!!!! i could eat it all by itself. just give me the jar and the spoon. i love it so much!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 22

I beat Nutella, and add hot water for a long time, it takes a while to get a creamy consistency, (I use that for a filling),you can make a Nutella mouse, adding whipping cream, or just add to your buttercream, and fill with that...

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 22

I think they have a bit of bourbon in them. You get that same sort of cool rush in your mouth from bourbon balls.

lanuevarepostera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanuevarepostera Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #9 of 22

OMG THIS IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA I LOVE NUTELA TOO AND IF I BUY ONE IT DOESNT LAST NOT EVEN A DAY....I THINK I WILL TRY THIS ONE....SO I JUST BUY THEN NUTELA AND AD HOT WATER DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE?

kettlevalleygirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 22

No, I just put the Nutella in the mixer, then slowly add the hot water. It kind of goes into a wierd state for a bit, and then it smooths right out. You can even make it thin enough for it to be a syrup, and then mix the nutella, and whipcream to put mousse in as a filling.....
I know this sounds funny, I get rave reviews, with just the thinned down nutella as a filling for a chocolate cake....I don't care for chocolate!!!
But I don't tell my clients that!! Only my family knows that! That is why, I can bake all I want, and don't feel too tempted....

bdrider Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:13am
post #11 of 22

OK... how much water and how long before the "weird state" is over?
I've had it in my KA for quite a while and its still rather ODD...

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:54am
post #12 of 22

That is a great idea!, and you can put the candy crumbled on top for a little crunch....mmmmmm icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

kettlevalleygirl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:21am
post #13 of 22

brider - how did you make out?? sorry I had a gumpaste class and didn't see this till after 9....

bdrider Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:27am
post #14 of 22

DH went ahead and added more water to it ( which i should have done) then it finally came to a more fluid consistancy.. then he added more water ( never knows when to stop!) and it became more syrupy. I guess I just have to play around with the amounts...

Did you ever just whip the nutella and use it that way without adding water? Or was that just too thick?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:39am
post #15 of 22

About Nutella -

Don't scrimp, buy the real thing. I have tried 2 different store brands, and neither came close to the original. One of them had so many artificial ingredients that it tasted like metal, not hazelnut or chocolate. I wish I would have compared labels before buying them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kettlevalleygirl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:42am
post #16 of 22

it was too thick alone, just slowly added the boiling water, I did use the syrup though on the cake before the filling....sugar rush!

and yes buy the real nutella....

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:59am
post #17 of 22

mmmmm.. Nutella..

You want something great to do with your Nutella? Take 2 pieces of nice bread, a sliced banana, some Nutella and a little butter. Spread the butter on the bread like you would for a grilled cheese sandwich, take some Nutella and warm it in the microwave for 10 seconds so it will spread easily and then spread it on one of the slices of bread. Put some banana slices on the Nutella and then top with the other piece of bread. Fry it up in a frying pan like you would a grilled cheese, cut in 1/2 and sprinkle with powdered sugar.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:05am
post #18 of 22

Jeanne -

It's much too late at night to tempt me with something like that. Please save those scrumptious recipes for the morning, so I can have a chocolate breakfast. LOL!

Thanks for the idea -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:12am
post #19 of 22

that sounds soooo delicious. let me know how it turns out.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:16am
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

mmmmm.. Nutella..

You want something great to do with your Nutella? Take 2 pieces of nice bread, a sliced banana, some Nutella and a little butter. Spread the butter on the bread like you would for a grilled cheese sandwich, take some Nutella and warm it in the microwave for 10 seconds so it will spread easily and then spread it on one of the slices of bread. Put some banana slices on the Nutella and then top with the other piece of bread. Fry it up in a frying pan like you would a grilled cheese, cut in 1/2 and sprinkle with powdered sugar.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm!!

yeah....what she said...lol

It's so good. I also like it with strawberries and bananas inside a crepe. YUM.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:42am
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

mmmmm.. Nutella..

You are sooooo sooooo mean! Egad, fried nutella sandwich, what's not to like?! Oh wait, you missed something: caramelize those bananas first. A little more sugar wouldn't hurt, right?? icon_razz.gif

lanuevarepostera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanuevarepostera Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:38am
post #22 of 22

well i just bought my jar of nutella today and i will bake a chocolate cake tomorrow or maybe vanilla and i will try it....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%