Show Me Your Booth!

Decorating By Lenette Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm by giggysmack

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 19

I am looking forward to the shows this year and giving my biz a real shot in the arm! If anyone has pics of their booth from bridal shows, business expos, whatever please share them with me! My booth always looks bland to me and I want to make a really great presentation.
I figure if I start working on it now, I'll be more together when the time comes. TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 19

I have a few on my Flickr site (link below in signature). Here's a full shot of the booth. When I got there, the table was set up going across the front of the booth .... I moved it to the side to create an open booth, more inviting. I stored my dolly (refrigerator cart) under the white-clothed table. The red-clothed table is actually my two big rubbermaid tubs stacked up to make another table.
LL

sada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sada Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 19

Im my town we just had the first wedding fair. I have planned to prepare 5-7 dummies, but didn't have enough time and made only 4, which was enough. Here are the pics, and the best thing I've done is print out of my cake pictures it made a huge difference. I would suggest you to do something like that if there is a chance. I wish you all the best.
LL
LL
LL

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 19

here are a couple that i have done - GOOD LUCK!!
LL
LL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 19

sada, my husband just told me a couple of days ago that I needed to blow up some of my pics to poster size and hang them on the store walls. After seeing your display, I more than agree with him (and y'all know how I just HATE telling him he's right about something! icon_cry.gif )

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 19

Here are a few from my last show
LL
LL
LL
LL

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 19

Oh Sada I love that Idea! I can go to the 2nd hand store and get a nice acordion screen to put them up if I ever get to do a show that has no walls. lol Did you get them professionally printed to that size?

and I can put them up in my shop also since I can't nail anything on the fire wall I can just put them up like posters.

IndyDebi, they do have a brilliant thought every now and again. Tee hee

sada Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 19

Indydeby sometimes we have to accept that others see things we are not able to see, cos we are too much and too close into the cake thing and other perspective is more than welcome. I also benefited from your husband, the thing I will always remember is how much is your time worth, after reading that in one of your posts I never hesitate to call an assistant to clean mess in my kitchen after cake making.
TheButterWench yes I got them professionally printed

FlowerGirlMN Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:50pm
post #9 of 19

How much do you guys pay for the large printing, and where do you order from?

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 19

Flowergirl that giant cake is awesome. what were the reactions of the brides.

FlowerGirlMN Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #11 of 19

It brought SO many people over to the booth! Every time someone would round the corner, we'd hear "OMG!" or big gasps or whatever, and it was ALWAYS over that cake!

Of course, now we have to figure out how to do it bigger and better next time!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:47am
post #12 of 19

Great thread! I love seeing everyone's displays. thumbs_up.gif

sada Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:44am
post #13 of 19

FlowerGirl I can not help you with printing prices, since a frined of mine does it for me with no charge, and what kind of support/separatorts have you used for the big cake?

FlowerGirlMN Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:19am
post #14 of 19

We had a dowel running through all the cakes that were grouped in tiers, my husband made the separators

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:31am
post #15 of 19

I would like to get involved in the shows. How do you find out about them? Also, I'm assuming you would bring some real cakes too, but are they made up of dummies too or all real? Do you have people sign contracts on the spot?

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #16 of 19

flowergirl what are the sizes of that ginormous cake? it is phenomenal!!

FlowerGirlMN Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:11pm
post #17 of 19

it was 7'6" tall. "cake" layers were 4-22" in diameter, the topper was 6' I think.. the base gave it 2" of height, and both of the separator tiers were 8" and a bit each.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:01pm
post #18 of 19

Thank you all for sharing with me! The pics really got my ideas flowing! icon_biggrin.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #19 of 19

FlowerGirlMN that cake is outrageously amazing! I hope you will make lots of money because of it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%