Crazy Cat!

Decorating By Sugarflowers Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 6:12pm by Sugarflowers

Sugarflowers Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:29am
post #1 of 13

This is just a funny little story I though I would share. I had placed my gingerbread barn that was in ACD in the living room not thinking that the cat would be able to get to it. It's only a fairly narrow speaker that sits pretty high. It looked like some of the snow had been eaten, but I wasn't sure.

Yesterday, I noticed several damaged areas on the house. Nuisance, the cat, had tried to walk through the barn! She's a little big for it. She took out two walls, the donkey, and one ear off of the pig.

I'll post a picture of it when I get it transferred to the computer.

Dad burn cat!!

12 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:42am
post #2 of 13

But on the bright side, now you know you picked the right name for her!

Sorry, Michelle, but I felt bad for you until I read the cat's name!

Can it be fixed?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

scgriffiths Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:53am
post #3 of 13

LOL!! Cats must really like gingerbread.....our cat was accidentally locked in the house for a few hours just before Christmas when I had just finished making my gingerbread house.....it wasn't a pretty sight when I got home!! icon_cry.gif

2sdae Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 13

If I bake any spice type smelling goodies my animals all come running, 23 dogs, 1 cat and 3 kids....it's a natural attracting sent to them I guess! icon_biggrin.gif

DecoratingDingbat Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

If I bake any spice type smelling goodies my animals all come running, 23 dogs, 1 cat and 3 kids....it's a natural attracting sent to them I guess! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif23 dogs!!!
I admire the patience you must have! Your floors must be spotless, all those tongues licking up the spills icon_lol.gif For sanity sake, I would have to have kennels in the yard - can't imagine that in the house! I have 4 children, and I'll admit I have on occassion considered indoor kennels for them icon_redface.gif We decided on a games room instead, that's a little more socially accepted, according to my Mom anyway. icon_wink.gif

DecoratingDingbat Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:

I admire the patience you must have! Your floors must be spotless, all those tongues licking up the spills icon_lol.gif For sanity sake, I would have to have kennels in the yard - can't imagine that in the house! I have 4 children, and I'll admit I have on occassion considered indoor kennels for them icon_redface.gif We decided on a games room instead, that's a little more socially accepted, according to my Mom anyway. icon_wink.gif

frstech Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoratingDingbat

Quote:

ROFLMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I have to admit, the 23 dogs got my attention !! Thank goodness I only have 2 cats and neither one seems interested in sweets, lucky me I guess icon_razz.gif 2sdae, How do you do it ? And, DecoratingDingbat , do you think the indoor kennel is socially acceptable for adults, because I have to worry about them getting into my cakes!! icon_wink.gif I literally have to look the adults in my house in the face and say " Do not touch the Cakes, cupcakes, cookies or frosting, they are not for you!" icon_evil.gif I never have to say this to my 13 year old, strange isn't it!!

2sdae Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 13

NO NO NO! It was supposed to be 3 dogs, 3 kids and 1 hubby and 1 cat....hard to type with my 2 & 3 year olds running around and my 3 dogs and 1 cat.....no wonder my hubby works! icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif

2sdae Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 13

2 days before I bake the animals go to their porches, and basement. I clean and vacuum everything including vents and changing out filters for our furnace and air filters then I bleach away then I bake.
Then they are relegated to stay in their areas till the baked goods are out of the house.

frstech Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:

NO NO NO! It was supposed to be 3 dogs, 3 kids and 1 hubby and 1 cat....hard to type with my 2 & 3 year olds running around and my 3 dogs and 1 cat.....no wonder my hubby works! icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif

That's much better, but still too much for me !!

frstech Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 13

sorry double post

DecoratingDingbat Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:51pm
post #12 of 13

I've thought about building a chain link cage, with locking gate around my kitchen. I don't think anyone could criticize if you fence yourself in - icon_lol.gif Chain link link allows for spoon 'testers' to pass thru, without having to let them in. I'm not one for decorating and it would probably fit right in around here - maybe even be seen as an improvement. icon_redface.gif

Now it's got me wondering.... if I was to fence the hubby in the laundry room..... hmmm. icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

I'll say 3 dogs is easier than 23 - good grief, my heart is still in spasms over that typo - icon_lol.gif I have a friend who breeds Whippets, she is currently at 13 - yes in the house - and she just adopted a two yr old. It's really an amazing greeting at the door when you stop by that house! She doesn't bake -except for home made dog biscuits. She probably could however, it's really quite amazing how clean her house is - hardwood swept and washed daily, leather couches vacumed and washed down every 2 days...etc. I think she knows people are looking for the hair with that many running around - lol - less hair on me in her house than some people with only one. Myself ... I have a hard enough time keeping up to the kids (range 21 - 19 - 5 and 2)!

Sugarflowers Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:12pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

But on the bright side, now you know you picked the right name for her!

Sorry, Michelle, but I felt bad for you until I read the cat's name!

Can it be fixed?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

I guess it could be repaired, but I don't think it's worth the time. More than likely, Nuisance would try to sleep in there again anyway.

If she knew I was on the computer, she would be in my lap pushing the keyboard away. If that doesn't work she either puts her paw on the keys or her head on my hands as I type. Eventually she leaves in disgust.

She's quite a cat. My son calls her Coffee (it's his cat), I call her Nuisance, and my husband calls her Slinky. She answers to all of them.

Thanks for the stories. I love them.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%