So How Do You...

Decorating By plbennett_8 Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 1:24am by agroeve

plbennett_8 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:52am
post #1 of 4

Write on a plaque? Do you just free hand it? Do you first write it with an edible pen and then go over it? Royal icing I would guess...

I have never been good at writing in cursive... That's what computers are for... I'm dreading this one. MUST we write on cakes? lol

Seriously, all suggestions appreciated.

3 replies
plbennett_8 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 4

Bump! icon_biggrin.gif Anybody have some tricks for pretty writing?

pjaycakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 4

You could do an edible image or if you have a kopykake projector you could project the image onto the plaque and trace it.

If your not into the high tech gadgets you could trace the writing onto waxed paper then place the waxed pper over the plaque and use a straight pin to poke holes outlining the writing, then just connect the dots with a pen.

agroeve Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:24am
post #4 of 4

saw a great tip for this on tv. pick your font and print it out the right size, put pin pricks through the paper following the letters, this will make the paper 'stick out' on the back. lay the paper in position on top of the soft fondant and gently rub. remove paper and you will have little holes showing the writing exactly. let your fondant dry. pipe over the little holes with ri and tip no 1 or 2 . perfect writing every time

Quote by @%username% on %date%