Cake Boards

Business By lilmissx13 Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 9:07pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

lilmissx13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissx13 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:45am
post #1 of 11

I need 100 4" round cake boards, and I need them quick (I am making individual cakes as favors for a wedding). I have read many posts about where people get their boards, but the only place that have 4" ones (that i can find) seems to be BRP. But they only have gold as far as I can tell. I can't have gold boards, I need white or silver or even black. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help woudl be very much appreciated. Thanks!

10 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:49am
post #3 of 11

Try Pfeil & Holing http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=297

I don't know where you are, but I'm in NY and I generally get my order the next day.

lilmissx13 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 11

Sugar_Plum_Fairy thank you so much for finding those sites, but don't they seem very expensive? It looks like for a pack of 6 its $7.28, about $1.20 each! When i get gold ones i can pay as low as 15 cents a piece. Am i missing something?

lovinkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovinkakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 11

beachcakes, those mono boards are absolutely ADORABLE! That Mono Round/Gold/Embossed 4" is absolutely cute! Just cust off the tabs... Wow!

lilmissx13 have you considered using plates? Check out marthastewart.com. Type "mini cakes" in the search and you will see all of the bases she uses, some doilies, some plates. GL!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissx13

Sugar_Plum_Fairy thank you so much for finding those sites, but don't they seem very expensive? It looks like for a pack of 6 its $7.28, about $1.20 each! When i get gold ones i can pay as low as 15 cents a piece. Am i missing something?

The first link: they are expensive, but since they're retail, I'm guessing they sell to people throwing small weddings and related parties (showers, bachelorette, etc.). They probably don't have customers buying large quantities (I'm guessing).

Just guessing here since I've never ordered from these places. I just did a Google search for you.

The second link doesn't mention quantity (as far as I can see) for their price. I would call them. Also, I believe it was them that had a lowest price guarantee. Try calling and asking. It couldn't hurt.

Those were the only two I found with the quick Google search in case you were stuck. I'm sure if you 'dig' a bit you can come up with some other options, but if memory serves I believe you were in a hurry, so sometimes that costs extra. icon_surprised.gif

lilmissx13 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 11

lovinkakes- doilies may be a good choice if i cant find boards.

These are for a wedding, so my plan was to put my sticker (as a business card type thing) on the bottom of the cake board so i could potentially get some more business from this job. do you think i could put the stickers on the bottom of the inside of the box instead and use doilies alone?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy- i couldn't even find the pages you sent me, so thank you! i will call that 2nd link and check. if i cant find them cheaper i may have to bite the bullet bc i am in a hurry. Thanks again!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 11

Would you be interested in 5-1/2" sized gold cake boards? I just found some here at 9 cents each (didn't check s/h though)? http://usbox.com/food/gold_foil_cake_boards.html

lilmissx13 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 11

I have found a few gold 4", but gold really clashed with the mini cakes i am making, silver would look so much more elegant. And since they are so small i think the board is going to be more "in your face" than with a large cake.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 11

If you want to put a sticker on the boards maybe the ones mentioned by beachcakes are a good way to go. You can possibly put the sticker on the little tab. Just an idea.

Oh, I'm still trying to find them for you for the next few minutes (then I have to drop my kids off somewhere).

Found these - 83 cents ea & sold ia a 500 pc quantity: http://www.bakedeco.com/dept.asp?id=375

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 11

Okay, last one: http://www.intotheoven.com/Cake-Essentials-Cake-Boards-Round/c46_89_91/p397/MINI-CAKE-PADS-ROUND-25/PKG/product_info.html

3-1/2 inch cake rounds sold in 25 pc packages for $3.79. Hope you find something that works and doesn't hurt the pocketbook!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%