Desperate For A Good White Cake

Baking By PartiesNCakes Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 10:31pm by Bettycrockermommy

PartiesNCakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 12

Okay it seems I have tried 100 recipes for white cakes and I can't find a good one. I need a tried and true recipe that will turn out fabulous everytime. I have a wonderful chocolate cake recipe that I would be willing to share with anyone that can help me.

Also, I would like one that is really white like what you get when you buy a store bought cake.

Any help/tips/ideas are welcome!

Thanks so much in advance!

11 replies
hmoffett Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:00am
post #2 of 12

The White on White Buttermilk Cake by Rebecca Rather is my absolute favorite. I can PM the recipe to you if you'd like.

vickymacd Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:05am
post #3 of 12

I love the WASC on this site. And it's perfect for wedding cakes as it is stable.

Teekakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:08am
post #4 of 12

The WASC cake is tops in my book.............. thumbs_up.gif

Hmoffett.........the white on white buttermilk cake sounds very interesting to me because I LOVE buttermilk cakes as a general rule. Would you please pm the recipe to me as well? Thanks in advance!! icon_biggrin.gif

PartiesNCakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:32am
post #5 of 12

I know I've seen WASC before on this site but I'm not sure what kind of cake that is or where to find the recipe.

Also, hmoffet - if you would pm your recipe I'd love to try it and if you want my chocolate cake recipe I will reply with it.

Thanks everyone.

JanH Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:24am
post #6 of 12

The WASC (White Almond Sour Cream) cake is a doctored cake mix recipe:

Link to CC acronyms:

White on White Buttermilk cake recipe:
(From the Pastry Queen by Rebecca Rather.)

Melony Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:45pm
post #7 of 12

I just tried the WASC cake this past weekend for the first time and it was AWESOME!! It received rave reviews from everyone at the party. I highly recommend it.[/b]

vteventrider Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 12

I like the white cake from the Cake Bible. I think it comes out really white and flavorful.

servingzero Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:23am
post #9 of 12

There's a recipe here in the recipe section calle d"MOIST Vanilla Cake" It is a nice cake. I've used it a few times, and it is my 'white' cake recipe I generally use.

Trixyinaz Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 12

ohhhhhh, I'm gonna try the white on white buttermilk cake with my egg replacer. Sounds and looks yummy. Hopefully it works right?

3-9" cakes serves 12-14 people? Are they on crack? If a 10" double layer serves 35 people, something must be wrong...hehehe

bashini Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 12

Hi, I just saw this thread and saw hmoffett's reply. Could I ask you what the texture should be on RR's White on white cake? Once I made it and I didn't like it. I don't know whether I have done something wrong. It wasn't soft and fluffy. It was really sticky and like clay. But I have to say that my friends loved it.

I would really like to know what the texture of this cake.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:31pm
post #12 of 12

My daughter and I made this last night and it was WONDERFUL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%