Reception Cake Idea

Decorating By TxBlonde Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 11:24pm by beachcakes

TxBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxBlonde Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 3

First of all, thanks to everyone who reads and post replies on CC. I really appreciate it! I have just received my first paid order! The problem i'm having is deciding on the design. HELP HELP HELP!! icon_cry.gif
Her wedding colors are black and gold(his fraternity colors). Her future mother in law wants the cake to be a surprise and wants to incorporate her sorority colors into it. I think it would be pretty cool to integrate all four colors (black, gold, pink and green). Also, the reception cake will be very small. They have decided to have several different types of cakes with different icings, kind of like a cake buffet. Oh and her flower is Calla lillies. I know she wants something simply and elegant. PLEASE HELP! Any ideas would be great. Thank you everyone!

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 3

This may sound too simplistic, but how about a black ribbon for the bottom of each cake .... maybe a smaller gold ribbon overlaid on top of that. Small pink flowers with green leaves scattered here and there.

Sorry it's not much ... I'm a little brain dead this time of day! icon_redface.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 3

The first thing that comes to mind with those colors are the dogwood cakes. There are quite a few examples in the gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%