An Angry Note To The Angry Cc-Ers...

Decorating By shisharka Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 5:11am by Curtsmin24

jonicca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonicca Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:49pm
post #31 of 45

I really don't want to comment on those extremely frustrated CCers out there. . .I just want to say that I am so happy that this site exixts. Heath and Jackie. . . .I LOVE YOU!!! I'm still pretty new here, but the suport, encouragement, information, and advice have been INVALUABLE!!! Thank you Cake Central!!! I will continue to check in on you everyday while you nurse your cold. . .I'll even bring you a chicken noodle soup CAKE! icon_biggrin.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by janine1972

I too agree with all the above posts!!

Thank you jackie and heath for the wonderful site, full of fun, inspiration, friends, and amazing cakes!
- thank you!

I wish I had seen this a minute ago, I just posted a thank you note to them-I kinda felt like a brown nose icon_redface.gif , but I really mean it. And yes, for goodness sakes-open your doors and see that LIFE goes on. Come on, it's an inconvenience-not life threatening! icon_rolleyes.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #33 of 45

I wasn't going to feed into the BS but, I just read that post and it made me very uneasy. I say bye-bye and sorry you feel that way. Life goes on. If feelings are hurt, oh well. Noone has the right to complain about this site because they don't know whats going on. The site is free and apparently people think they have the right to complain. Being understanding and frustrated is normal but to talk **** about the site is plain rude, IGNORANT, AND Childish. It's one thing to say "I miss the site" or "It sucks cause I'm used to being on here" but some of those comments were really unnecessary. And whoever had the audasity to email them and *** about the problem, do you really think your the only one??? No your not!!!! Yes it is a great website, BUT IT IS just a website. It is being taken care of. Be easy!!!!!!Life will continue!!!! Farewell to those who go, I know you will be lurking around every once in while anyway icon_rolleyes.gif Patience is virtue.

*Moderator edited for language*

tammycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammycake Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:01pm
post #34 of 45

The thing I have felt the worst about when it has been down a lot is for the people that are trying to fix things and get it up working right. They must be totally frustrated because things are taking longer than they said it would. I've BTDT w/ our computers at work enough.

I can't even imagine how I would feel after going through all that stress and long hours to get things working to have to deal w/ nasty remarks.

Thank you, to all the people that have worked hard to get the site back up.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #35 of 45

For some, this place has become nothing more than a place to chit chat, complain or whatever. This is a cake decorating forum...not oprah! We come here to get ideas, show our cakes, help other decorators, etc. If we would stick to that, then there wouldn't be such an overload. icon_cool.gif
I've been a member here for a while and I don't ever intend to leave. I'm not on as much as some, but that's because I only come on here when I have something to share or need some help with something. CakeCentral is just a site. If it's become a real addiction for some, then seek help.

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:13am
post #36 of 45

Geesh, I'm kinda glad I've been stuck on the road for the past 20 days with no internet (and 5 more to go). I would hate to read that somebody is unhappy with CC. With all I have learned from you amazing decorators, I don't think anything could be bad enough that I wouldn't want to talk to you anymore.

Keep up the great work Jackie and Heath! You are wonderful!!!

staceyssweettreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyssweettreats Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:31am
post #37 of 45

I have to agree. Without this site, I probably would have quit. Like everyone else, I get upset when I'm in the middle of making a cake and can't get in to see a pic or get a recipe. But, it always works out. And I will always come back. I just do something else and when its back up, I'm happy again. So, thanks to Jackie and Heath and all of the other positive motivators on here!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:09am
post #38 of 45

Please click on this link. Perhaps it will explain some things to each of you.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5875877.html#5875877
Shirley

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:42am
post #39 of 45

I have learned so much by browsing this site and just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who has been working hard to get the site up and running again.

DaCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaCakeDiva Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:09am
post #40 of 45

Hell, I was about to send my sidekick back to the company because I thought it was the problem. All the *** about a downed server?

Try doing all your communicating via Sidekick while you're sleeping in your truck with your 2 year old and still trying to go to work and act like you're not homeless.

Things could be worse people! Much worse. The servers will come up. Be patient.

*Moderator edited for language*

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:17am
post #41 of 45

Yah I am sure these people didnt even think about even donating one dollar. If there are 80,000 Plus users and everyone donated one dollar, thats can cover the hardware costs. Many people do not realize the costs related with servers and the demand.

So posts dont take up that much space,

But all the pictures.....think of how many friggen pictures are on this site? That is space galore. Then to have to maintain your Profile, your album, your email your preferences, this is a pretty Robust system for a "Free System" and it does much more for us than myspace. (not knocking myspace).

But I have learned so much, this is great, you can see whats out there. So those people that are frustrated, why dont you have them start their own Cake Forum in their garage and they can be their own community of 5. ha ha hah

I actually just donated 10 dollars and gave up 2 lattes for the week. In a couple of weeks I am going to donate again. People are just sooo weird!

Anyways...

Jackie and Heath, bless your heart....from one IT Nerd to another....I am bowing down to you guys, I know how it is. I have spent many sleepless nights on system implementations, database migrations, boy was it painful...AND I GOT PAID FOR IT....

So believe me....I am bowing down to you every day I log on. icon_smile.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:33pm
post #42 of 45

wow

isn't this all a bit hypocritical???

jackie and Heath provide the place...and maintain it and keep it running...yes. I get that.....and to some extent I even get that some feel eternally grateful...to the extent of posting here there and everywhere a big fat kiss on the "cheek"...I'm by no means taking away that they do a lot...they do.

but....

in all honesty....without the TONS of contributions by the SAME people you people are crapping on and being rude to....there would be no cc. And I'm not referring to the "donation pot"...I'm talking about what it is almost every single post has brought up..."the knowledge" they have gotten from this site.

cc is not Jackie and Heath alone....look around. The articles, pictures forum fun and info threads are by cc members...by several members in fact that have removed themselves from cc because of stupid crap like this.

without jackie and heath there would be no cakecentral.com....but without the members who have contributed not just with articles, but with pictures and the forums and fun around here there would not be what makes cc.com worth coming to and learning from ....

so when you're posting stuff like this thread trying to defend the hand that feeds you ...aren't you in reality just turning around and biting the other hand??

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:30am
post #43 of 45

I escaped direct criticism myself but certainly wish I would have posted on this thread instead! I agree with most of you!

I have to respectfully disagree with you Twinsline because the particular thread that I posted in was negative with the Original Post, in my opinion. The whole point of those of us who feel there should be no complaints is that we believe in being thankful for what's GIVEN to us. And...I am one of those people who was bitching - And I DO contribute - MONTHLY through Paypal and have been since September. I have a right to say my opinion as much as all the other contributers. I don't like negativity any more than the rest of us but it is not possible for me to keep my mouth shut if I feel that something needs to be said. And...we don't have to always all get along and have the same opinion to maintain mutual respect either.

Tammi

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:44am
post #44 of 45

I was not familiar with Shirley's thread until it was recently brought to my attention, so my request that people grow and stop bitching was not an attack on her, I just want to clarify that. (And I am not going to go read that thread because of some apparently cruel bashing, and Shirley has always been kind to me! I won't upset myself more!) I was referring to another thread where people were throwing around some pretty tough accusations directly at J&H. It breaks my heart to see us turn on each other like this. I know when you have so many people in one place, there will be clashes, but I wish it wouldn't get ugly.

Twinny... you are absolutely right that CC wouldn't exist without the users as well, and that we need to respect each other and treat each other decently! I simply wish we would all take into consideration that nothing gives us the right to attack the people that provide this gathering place just because we are getting impatient.

Even if a person donates a hundred dollars a month, they did it willingly, it was a donation with no promise made for your money. If a person donates to the Red Cross, that does not mean that they now have the right to make demands of the Red Cross or tell them how to run their business. That's not how donations work.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:11am
post #45 of 45

Melvira and Tami I agree with both comments. I too made a comment and I did not mean to sound nasty and feed into the bs. I know everyone here has their own issues and personal problems and I personally apologized to shirley because it was not directed at her and my heart hurt thinking that she felt that way. I see a lot of bashing of cc on other websites and that is why my comment was posted. I guess at that point I felt the need to address the subject in a nasty way.Sorry to anyone else who was offended or thought it was a personal attack. I really am.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%