Question About Aine2 Tutorial Tools

Decorating By mom42ws Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 8:10pm by mom42ws

mom42ws Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 3

it says to mix your sugarpaste (gumpaste, right?) with CMC powder or Tylose/tylopur - question is i don't have those so can i use wilton's gum-tex instead?

2 replies
aine2 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 3

I haven't used this product but with what I read on the label which I've manged to find online, it seems that this will do the same as the gum powders I use. You can only give it a try and see how it turns out for you. I'd be interested to know so that I may be able to tell people in future that this works just as well. If I can get my hands on some myself I shall try it out to see what I think.

Cheers! thumbs_up.gif

mom42ws Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 3

i went ahead and gave it a shot and it seems to be working just fine. this is my first time attempting a figure and i'm already struggling a bit....

the figure i'm trying to make is a hunter leaning up against a tree with pants at ankles and he's supposed to be using the potty, as apparently hunters have to do when they are out in the woods. the gumpaste is giving the look of elephant skin and i'm not sure how to make it smooth. i don't want his naked bum to look wrinkled and such. any advice would be great!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%