Question On How To Make This Grooms Cake

Decorating By jtnbatch Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 12:25am by beachcakes

jtnbatch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtnbatch Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 2

I recently started making cakes, my best friend has now asked me to make a bass fishing grooms cake:
Question 1- I am going to make a Bass out of RCT, and will cover it in MMF. Do I let the fondant dry before I add the color to the fish, or do I need to color it before he dries? How long can I store the fish and how do I store him?

Question 2-She wants German Chocolate cake, I was thinking of doing the German Chocolate cake, then coating it in the coconut pecan frosting, then covering it with chocolate MMF-does this sound like it will work and taste ok, or am I looking at a big mess?

Thanks for the help.

1 reply
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:25am
post #2 of 2

Welcome to CC!

#1 I recommend icing the RKT first so that the bumps don't show through your fondant. Are you painting on the color or kneading color into the fondant? If you're painting/dusting color on, you can do it any time. You can store it in an airtight container. How long you can store him depends on how long you can store RKT. I'm thinking weeks? Might taste a little stale though.

#2 You should be able to cover the cake in MMF, provided the icing is not too bumpy from the pecans. Roll it thicker than normal and it will help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%