Saying Goodbye

Lounge By ShirleyW Updated 1 May 2008 , 12:09am by lovely

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:04am
post #91 of 132

I had thought I would not come back and respond to this thread but was PMed at Sugar Buzz by a CC member saying I should see these comments.

I can not begin to tell you how much I appreciate those who have supported or tried to defend me. But those of you who have posted these cruel and hurtful comments have taken me aback, made me break down and cry and that is not easy to do, I am a pretty strong woman. I had no idea you felt this way about me and am amazed at the anger and vile spewed out about me. If you will go back and read the first page and my post you will see that I never mentioned nor blamed Heath or Jackie for my leaving. And I didn't give them a timeline, I gave myself a timeline.
I am leaving because of my own frustration and I did post simply to say goodbye to people I care about and I couldn't possibly email each and every one of you that I consider a friend or cake pal.

The many comments about this being a free site. Yes, it is. But how many of you are enjoying this site because others are donating to keep it up and running? I am not aiming this at any one person, there are some here who truly can not afford to pay for a subscription forum and should not be kept out because they can not pay. But there are others who say they would leave if it became a paid site. And yet you accuse me of being disloyal for not supporting it. In the year and a half I have been here I have donated $150.00 and that was even when the site wasn't working properly. I felt it was worth donating in the hopes of adding to the coffer and getting a bigger and better server.

The comment that hurt me the most was asking how I could compare not being able to access CC when others have lost family members or dealt with cancer. In the past three years I have lost a brother and a sister to cancer, my 41 year old daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thankfully she is doing well at this time. In October I lost my sister and 11 days later I lost my oldest child at age 51. Do I compare those events with not being able to access a cake forum? Of course not, there is no comparison to the pain of losing your child and see another child go through surgery, chemo and radiation, have their hair fall out and vomit till they were so weak they couldn't stand. But I do know that these events have changed me and I find I am not as patient or tolerant as I had been before.

And for those who suggest I get a life outside of the computer. Here is my daily and monthly routine. I have been a volunteer for 12 years at our local LGBT Community Center, I also have served on the board of directors for 3 years. I serve on the fundraising commitee, the nominations commitee, the monthly newsletter, and am chair of the seniors group where I make a hot lunch at home and take to the center to serve 40 seniors. At home I belong to a cake club, am doing a demo there on the 10th. I donate a 1/4 sheet cake once a month for the seniors birthdays. I teach gumpaste flowers in my home. I worked 33 years for Safeway am now retired, have raised 5 children of my own as well as 3 stepchildren. I am now going on 69 years old. If my entertainment is to come to CC and find I can't access it, do I have a right to voice a complaint? I think so.

What I have tried to do while on this forum is to share the things I have learned about cake decorating over the past 49 years, and many of those things were learned from giving, sharing older decorators, many of whom are now gone. If I don't share what I have learned then it is a waste and will go with me when I die.

I can't imagine what I have done that would make so many of you say such hurtful things when you know nothing about me or my life. But again, please let me say thank you to those of you who do understand why I am leaving and are supportive. I appreciate your kindness and friendship more than I can say. I had over a dozen PMs tonight and each one was so sweet, thanks. And no, my plans are not to go to ***.
Shirley

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:33am
post #92 of 132

wow, I've really been out of the loop lately! I haven't been on CC much at all in the past few months so haven't had too many bad experiences with the servers and such. It's so weird to see someone like Shirley leave like this...someone who's been around and well-known here.

Shirley, I'm hoping you come back around after a while when everything is up and running again. Will you really be able to keep away?? :O

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:42am
post #93 of 132

Can you just give it another try?

meegz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meegz Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:42am
post #94 of 132

WOW, i haven't been on for a while either, didn't realise there was so much goin on... Calm down everyone, this is meant to be fun!!! thumbs_up.gif It'll all be fine in the end!!

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:31am
post #95 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

I had thought I would not come back and respond to this thread but was PMed at Sugar Buzz by a CC member saying I should see these comments.

I can not begin to tell you how much I appreciate those who have supported or tried to defend me. But those of you who have posted these cruel and hurtful comments have taken me aback, made me break down and cry and that is not easy to do, I am a pretty strong woman. I had no idea you felt this way about me and am amazed at the anger and vile spewed out about me. If you will go back and read the first page and my post you will see that I never mentioned nor blamed Heath or Jackie for my leaving. And I didn't give them a timeline, I gave myself a timeline.
I am leaving because of my own frustration and I did post simply to say goodbye to people I care about and I couldn't possibly email each and every one of you that I consider a friend or cake pal.

The many comments about this being a free site. Yes, it is. But how many of you are enjoying this site because others are donating to keep it up and running? I am not aiming this at any one person, there are some here who truly can not afford to pay for a subscription forum and should not be kept out because they can not pay. But there are others who say they would leave if it became a paid site. And yet you accuse me of being disloyal for not supporting it. In the year and a half I have been here I have donated $150.00 and that was even when the site wasn't working properly. I felt it was worth donating in the hopes of adding to the coffer and getting a bigger and better server.

The comment that hurt me the most was asking how I could compare not being able to access CC when others have lost family members or dealt with cancer. In the past three years I have lost a brother and a sister to cancer, my 41 year old daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thankfully she is doing well at this time. In October I lost my sister and 11 days later I lost my oldest child at age 51. Do I compare those events with not being able to access a cake forum? Of course not, there is no comparison to the pain of losing your child and see another child go through surgery, chemo and radiation, have their hair fall out and vomit till they were so weak they couldn't stand. But I do know that these events have changed me and I find I am not as patient or tolerant as I had been before.

And for those who suggest I get a life outside of the computer. Here is my daily and monthly routine. I have been a volunteer for 12 years at our local LGBT Community Center, I also have served on the board of directors for 3 years. I serve on the fundraising commitee, the nominations commitee, the monthly newsletter, and am chair of the seniors group where I make a hot lunch at home and take to the center to serve 40 seniors. At home I belong to a cake club, am doing a demo there on the 10th. I donate a 1/4 sheet cake once a month for the seniors birthdays. I teach gumpaste flowers in my home. I worked 33 years for Safeway am now retired, have raised 5 children of my own as well as 3 stepchildren. I am now going on 69 years old. If my entertainment is to come to CC and find I can't access it, do I have a right to voice a complaint? I think so.

What I have tried to do while on this forum is to share the things I have learned about cake decorating over the past 49 years, and many of those things were learned from giving, sharing older decorators, many of whom are now gone. If I don't share what I have learned then it is a waste and will go with me when I die.

I can't imagine what I have done that would make so many of you say such hurtful things when you know nothing about me or my life. But again, please let me say thank you to those of you who do understand why I am leaving and are supportive. I appreciate your kindness and friendship more than I can say. I had over a dozen PMs tonight and each one was so sweet, thanks.
Shirley

I am sorry that you feel that way. I posted a message on the other one then saw this. So please dont take offense becuase I didnt see this before I typed my message. You know....its like I said before if everyone only donated one dollar and there are 80,000 plus users that would be enough costs to cover. But I read your thread I and also agree with you as well. I understand you totally. You know. I was making a cake for my in laws, becusae they were coming over and I wnated to search the gallery to get ideas and it was down for the whole weekend, and boy was I frustrated. I get it, believe me. I also read all the other posts and nice things people have said about you and your work and skills, everyone seems to think you are such a great asset. I am somewhat new so I havent had the chance to read any of your posts, but your work is great. You have lots of experience that everyone can learn from.

Please consider taking a week break, kinda like a vacation. Mark it on your calender. Between now and that date do not log in and on that date try it out and then make your decision.

As far as people making the comments about the cancer etc....you have also understand that maybe they are dealing with that issue. I think I read you are from Concord, I am in Pleasant Hill, and last month our dear family friend, stopped on the Bay Bridge to help a young handicapped couple with a flat tire during rush hour. As he was walking back to his car this stupid uninsured motorist at full speed hits him and we lose him. He gets ejected to the car that had the flat tire, his fiance and 3 year old step daughter saw the whole thing. Last night his mom was over and I was complaining about my husband and she goes..stop and take a look around be thankful please please please...and I saw the tears and hurt in her eyes. So those people that are saying that, I dont think well I hope are not trying to be malicious but maybe they recently have dealt with such a thing and are still trying to cope. I dont know why I am babbling, but you sound like a remarkable person and please just do the take a step back and breathe thing...

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:36am
post #96 of 132

BRAVO and well said Shirley! I for one completely understood what your original post was trying to get across. It is frustrating when you only have a set amount of spare time for entertainment purposes, and that source isn't available. You have absolutely nothing to appologize for, and yes you have every right to look elsewhere for entertainment - your time is valuable and I would'nt want to spend it frustrating myself either. I am thinking that at some point however.... you'll be back .... you underestimate the power of the CC addiction! icon_wink.gif

Some of the member's on this post can count themselves lucky that the site administrators (it's not just H & J, I'm sure) are too busy to read some of these postings. I'm surprised it wasn't locked down after the second page. Back to basics ... if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. Since I've been on CC I have always had nice experiences with ppl (like Ms. Shirley), whom always assume the best in people and the intent of the posts. If they can't see the 'nice' they move onto another post without acknowledgement. Some of you should be ashamed ... your not representing the true CC kindness what-so-ever thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif If the tech. trouble won't push member's away, the nasty tones certainly will! Shame on you!!! icon_evil.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:50am
post #97 of 132

Fondantfrenzy you just made me cry. I'm sorry for your loss. It makes you realize how much we all take for granted in our lives. I know times are hard for everyone right now and some of those who have jobs are dealing with trying to keep them and how to get to and from work. I was venting too and I admit it was inappropriate. Shirley I meant no harm with my post. I just don't understand why everyone is getting angry. This is a great website and I know it is addicting but some of the others comments after and long before yours someone is complaining about the site. I have seen cc members on other sites complaining about it. I guess I took offense to it. H&J have made us a happy family and family members have those moments. I'm sorry ladies and fellas!!! I still love you all!! Farewell shirley. Your the greatest thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I am crying right now(and no i'm not joking) Fondantfrenzy it's your fault. You owe me a hug. icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:53am
post #98 of 132

DecoratingDingbat:

AMEN!!!!!![/b]

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:27am
post #99 of 132

it's kinda difficult now to ask shirley to come back to the community after all the nasty things that were said to her.

do take care of yourself and thanks for everything you've shared in this community.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:38am
post #100 of 132

Everyone has there opinions...... I know i'm not the only one. It just seems like everyone is on the defensive side about everything. So if you feel like it was nasty, why are you feeding into it? Let it go and I bet it will stop. My comment was not towards shirley (I pm'd her already). (just in case anyone needed to know). icon_lol.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:58am
post #101 of 132

god. i just made a comment in response to her long post. sheesh.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:40am
post #102 of 132

I'm so sad to hear you're leaving. The very best to you. Should you decide to come back, know that there are open arms... and I'm sure not just mine! icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:58am
post #103 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoratingDingbat

BRAVO and well said Shirley! I for one completely understood what your original post was trying to get across. It is frustrating when you only have a set amount of spare time for entertainment purposes, and that source isn't available. You have absolutely nothing to appologize for, and yes you have every right to look elsewhere for entertainment - your time is valuable and I would'nt want to spend it frustrating myself either. I am thinking that at some point however.... you'll be back .... you underestimate the power of the CC addiction! icon_wink.gif

Some of the member's on this post can count themselves lucky that the site administrators (it's not just H & J, I'm sure) are too busy to read some of these postings. I'm surprised it wasn't locked down after the second page. Back to basics ... if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. Since I've been on CC I have always had nice experiences with ppl (like Ms. Shirley), whom always assume the best in people and the intent of the posts. If they can't see the 'nice' they move onto another post without acknowledgement. Some of you should be ashamed ... your not representing the true CC kindness what-so-ever thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif If the tech. trouble won't push member's away, the nasty tones certainly will! Shame on you!!! icon_evil.gif

I soooo agree with this .. (granted I can't see all the posts icon_sad.gif )

Be nice... that makes you look a WHOLE lot better...

Shirley is a VERY strong woman ... She is VERY caring and has never been nasty... Probably at least 1/2 of you have been helped by this wonderful woman.. Is this how you repay her... is this how you pay good deeds over? Wow.... WOW I am amazed... VERY disappointed... And funny thing is... one or two of these nasty comments came from people who haven't posted much icon_confused.gif ....

Shirley DO not let people like them hurt you... its not worth it!!!!!!!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:01am
post #104 of 132

I'm pretty much speechless, Shirley...too bad some others with their negativity and eagerness to find fault, and point fingers weren't as well!

I'll definitely miss you, and also hope that eventually you will feel like coming back to CC. Janice

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm
post #105 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoratingDingbat

I soooo agree with this .. (granted I can't see all the posts icon_sad.gif )

Be nice... that makes you look a WHOLE lot better...

Shirley is a VERY strong woman ... She is VERY caring and has never been nasty... Probably at least 1/2 of you have been helped by this wonderful woman.. Is this how you repay her... is this how you pay good deeds over? Wow.... WOW I am amazed... VERY disappointed... And funny thing is... one or two of these nasty comments came from people who haven't posted much icon_confused.gif ....

Shirley DO not let people like them hurt you... its not worth it!!!!!!!!!

Well said ladies and SO well said Shirley!!

If you will notice the date under my avatar, I have been here almost since day 1. Most of the people I started here with are gone. I miss them terribly. I have watched a lot of good cake decorators come and go for various reasons. I came here with another great online cake friend who had mentored me, helped me, and consoled me during some hard times. Those awesome decorators who were here in the beginning have been long gone because of petty, mean comments like many of the ones in this thread.

And for as long as I have been here, I do not have a huge amount of posts like Shirley and some of the others, because I have just not been as dedicated. I believe for the folks like Shirley it is no different than volunteering locally. If everytime she went to donate at the Senior Center the front doors were locked or the power had been turned off, eventually she would get tired of trying to go there and she would fine somewhere else to volunteer her time.

People are here for different reasons, some to just look at pictures, some to get recipes, some to decorate for fun, some to help with their business, and some to share their huge wealth of knowledge (Shirley is one of these). Thank goodness for the last group or CC would have folded years ago because there would have been nothing to offer.

Shirley has been such an asset for CC. She will be missed!!

lynm701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynm701 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:31pm
post #106 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Julzs71..I did notice that people that are being a bit rude are newer in CC.

For those who never had the chance in talking to Shirley , I tell you this.. She is a wonderful person..
And she deserves some respect. Theres a reason for why she is feeling disapointment.. Instead of hitting her with rude remarks, why not say... we understand. Hope you feel better and change your mind.
I am glad I met her through CC. She is wonderful and she always had a helping hand or an advise for those who needed it. She would even take the time to send emails to people explaing how to do things.
In my book..that something that I appreciate and I never took lightly. She took the time to do it!
If you never met her you might not understand this and might not even care. but please there is no reason to put people down. People in CC had alway use the forums to vent when something is wrong. Just let it be ..
Edna

you've only been a member for less than a year yourself. I am a newbie, but only because I haven't had as much time as others to post on these forums. The status of "newbie" is according to how many posts you have, not your skill level. Not all "newbies" are rude. I take offense to the comments laying blame on "newbie".

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:34pm
post #107 of 132

Well said Shirley! You will be missed.

lynm701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynm701 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:38pm
post #108 of 132

[quote="MeMo07"][quote="kels_bells"]First of all I would like to say:

THANK YOU HEATH AND JACKIE FOR THE WONDERFUL GIFT YOU GIVE US ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

Those who have written your rude comments, is your cake ability amazing. I have looked at some of yours. I'll the question for you....NO!! You may have some talent, but amazing talent you do not.

So until you are an amazing cake artist and can offer us information from what you have learned, just say goodbye and good luck, I hope you change your mind.

This comment is just completely unneccesary and hurtful. And it is directed to "those who have written rude comments". Is this not the rudest comment yet. Ironic...

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:44pm
post #109 of 132

I must say Shirley,

you are one of the strongest women I have even come across...your strength help me to be strong in a time when I needed it the most. When I thought I could not carry my load anymore (or so I thought), I saw someone who was carrying a heavier load then me. Then my troubles didn't seem as heavy as I thought.

It does not matter if you agree with or disagree, if you like or dislike, or even if you understand or don't understand her reasons for leaving...(she has her reasons) who are we to judge her decision for leaving.

I think it is o.k. to voice your thoughts, opinions, agreements, disagreements and how you feel...as long as it is done in a way that is not pointing people out with hurtful words. Maybe I'am just weird with my way of looking at things.

We all have had diffrent opinions on the downtime on CC, and thats o.k. by me...but we can voice our opinions with the up most RESPECT! Respect to Shirley, CC, J&H and each other.

Was my opinions, feelings and thoughts diffrent then Shirley's and others on CC's downtime? ...yes it was, but does that mean that I should not care about that person or have respect for that person...just because there opinions and thoughts were not like mine...no!

You do not have to agree with me or have the same thoughts, opinions or feelings I do, for me to give you respect, like you, enjoy your company or be my friend. I have said it before, guess I am saying it again, "If we were all a like, what a boring world this would be".

Shirley, I would really hate to see you go...you have been a huge asset to many of people here, and that will be missed if you go....but I want you to know that I will have respect for you and for any decisions you make for yourself. You have to do what feels right and is right for you. I wish you the best in all that you do. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope that was not out of line or stepped out of bounds, if I have, please I am so sorry and that was not my intent.
God Bless,
Sharon

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:44pm
post #110 of 132

i think this post should get back on track. it should be a forum to say your goodbyes to shirley. attacking other members should be done privately, if needeed and not posted for all to see, or not posted at all.

as i know i will miss shirley's expertise, willingness to help, and warm personality, don't forget about the other excellent decorators remaining in the group who are always more than happy to help.

goodbye shirley, i wish you the best in whatever you choose to do.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:08pm
post #111 of 132

Well said...

if your not wanting to say goodbye to Shirley or have a positive remark then you can close this topic and go on to a different one..

and to the one that says US who are defending her are fueling the debate WELL... I can tell you this much... I know Shirley is very strong but when you attack someone with some of the comments that I have read (doesn't matter if your a strong person or not cause those comments were just WAY to harsh) then I WILL step in and attack like you did... Adult way to do it? Maybe not .. BUT I will defend a friend... and that is that...

Shirley remember ... people get back what they give .. and you will get millions icon_wink.gif

(Remember this people.. what you do and say now will effect you in someway... good or bad.. )

Christi

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #112 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

I can't imagine what I have done that would make so many of you say such hurtful things when you know nothing about me or my life. But again, please let me say thank you to those of you who do understand why I am leaving and are supportive. I appreciate your kindness and friendship more than I can say. I had over a dozen PMs tonight and each one was so sweet, thanks. And no, my plans are not to go to The Baker's Bar.
Shirley

Well, on a personal level, I sure wish I lived close enough to you to take advantage of some of those wonderful flower classes you are teaching from your home! I am very sorry that you had to come back to this tread and see some of these comments. My heart hurts for you! It I were in the same position, with being admittedably way more on the sensitive side of things, I would be completely devastated by these comments! I would it would literally bother me for months, that's just the way I am. When you post comments, maybe...just maybe...you could consider the fact that not everyone takes things the same way! Words CAN be hurtful, plain and simple!!!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:54pm
post #113 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynm701

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Julzs71..I did notice that people that are being a bit rude are newer in CC.

For those who never had the chance in talking to Shirley , I tell you this.. She is a wonderful person..
And she deserves some respect. Theres a reason for why she is feeling disapointment.. Instead of hitting her with rude remarks, why not say... we understand. Hope you feel better and change your mind.
I am glad I met her through CC. She is wonderful and she always had a helping hand or an advise for those who needed it. She would even take the time to send emails to people explaing how to do things.
In my book..that something that I appreciate and I never took lightly. She took the time to do it!
If you never met her you might not understand this and might not even care. but please there is no reason to put people down. People in CC had alway use the forums to vent when something is wrong. Just let it be ..
Edna

you've only been a member for less than a year yourself. I am a newbie, but only because I haven't had as much time as others to post on these forums. The status of "newbie" is according to how many posts you have, not your skill level. Not all "newbies" are rude. I take offense to the comments laying blame on "newbie".

Well the term newbie comes not necesarily for the amount of time you been in CC. Is basically how much time you take to support the forums. The amounts of times you come sit down and try to help people with their questions. Yes I have less than a year but I come here every single day and try to answer questions in the forums and try to give a hand to those who are learning. And I saw and spoke to Shirley a lot of timesin the forums and through emails.
I teach classes and I do lots of weddinds every week. My portfolio and my website will let you know that. And again is not about the lenght of years. Is basically about a valuable person that spend her time answering questions and giving really valuable information to the people that come to CC.

I love CC and You get to know your regulars..Indydeby, Dragonflydreams, Melvira, Sugarshack, Ceshell, Carolann, Steponmi, JenifferM and so many others that are always around giving a hand to people who are learning. All I say is..
we need to appreciate this people. They dont really have to do this and as everybody knows, sitting down in here takes time and effort.

Edna

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:40pm
post #114 of 132

Shirley dear, although I have been in contact with you personally, I do want to say here too that the people who are judging you do not know you. It never ceases to amaze me, how quick people are to say nasty things & slow to say good things. I am part of the group on here that cares about you, admires you & thanks you for all you have done. Don't let the bad comments hurt you Shirl, in the end they will hurt the people who made them far more. I know how much you have suffered recently & just want to say, God Bless you.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:49am
post #115 of 132

I also totally belong to the Shirley fan club!!! She is a wonderful, wonderful lady who has been thru far too much this past while...she was my first CC friend...openly sharing and is soooo giving.. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #116 of 132

icon_cry.gificon_sad.gifthumbsdown.gif WOW. It's been a long time since I was able to come on here....Shirley, you may not even read this...but I appreciate all that you have contributed to CC....I am still learning so much...life has been crazy for us....

I know what it's like for life to get rough...we have buried 4 family members since last November, went thru a major water leak that has ruined over $15,000 of damage to our home...cake business was ZERO from January-March...I have been really sick with some female things....it's LIFE.
But by the grace of the good Lord, we are making it thru.....and I wish the truly very best for you Shirley in your life. THANK YOU.

I also thank the CC head honchos who do their best to provide a great place....... thumbs_up.gif

fondantfrenzy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:55am
post #117 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsmin24

Fondantfrenzy you just made me cry. I'm sorry for your loss. It makes you realize how much we all take for granted in our lives. I know times are hard for everyone right now and some of those who have jobs are dealing with trying to keep them and how to get to and from work. I was venting too and I admit it was inappropriate. Shirley I meant no harm with my post. I just don't understand why everyone is getting angry. This is a great website and I know it is addicting but some of the others comments after and long before yours someone is complaining about the site. I have seen cc members on other sites complaining about it. I guess I took offense to it. H&J have made us a happy family and family members have those moments. I'm sorry ladies and fellas!!! I still love you all!! Farewell shirley. Your the greatest thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I am crying right now(and no i'm not joking) Fondantfrenzy it's your fault. You owe me a hug. icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Dang...I SUCK I just made the mom of the guy that passed away cry like an hour ago. The fire department is honoring her son with a scholarship in his name. I told her that although he is not with us, his memory will be around looooooooooong after we are gone and he is up there happy as a clam, being able to help people as always with this scholarship.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Somone just slap me.

fondantfrenzy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:05am
post #118 of 132

So all this stuff about people being rude etc. I saw the headline of something to the effect of angry CC'ers I read it, then later on came across something that Shirly had written pointing to her this post. Then I felt like a jackass and thats why I apologized. I never had the pleasure of asking her for advice or even communicating with her. I didnt realize all the drama behind this.

Just being in the IT field....dealing with data recovery sucks, and when you cant recover it, that dreaded announcement that your data was lost. I am sure that was not fun. Its not even the donations or money, its the hard work.....I have been doing this kind of work for the last 12 years....it involves a lot of all nighters....and when something goes wrong..NO ONE sleeps NO One leaves.....

We are in the process of upgrading one of our servers at work and when i saw the estimate i nearly fell out of my chair, thats how I got on the donation kick.....but Shirly does have a right to be mad, and again thats why i apologized to her because i had no idea people were dircting it at anyone....I really never posted, I just read topics on the How to's and would look at pictures....

Then I saw that Shirley literally lives like next door..we are pretty much in the same town.... Anyhow, i dont think anyone is more right or more wrong.

Whew..i better shuddup before I make someone else cry tonight.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:52pm
post #119 of 132

Bye, Shirley! I hope you will reconsider and return at some point.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:03am
post #120 of 132

I keep reading thinking:

"please lock this thread, please lock this thread"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%