Here is your official statement you are looking for:
1. Of course we know there is a problem and of course we are working on it.
2. It is not an issue of funding, of course we can always use more help, but we have, after the last hardware upgrade, probably 4 times more processing power than we should need to server the traffic level.
3. There is something causing the servers to crash, and we do not know what exactly.
4. Some people are assuming that it is just the two of us working on this issue, but it is not, we have a number of people from our hosting datacenter working on the problem as well.
5. For those people who are upset that we are not responding to this thread quickly enough, when there are problems keeping the site online, the last thing we are doing with our time is reading the forums, we are monitoring and working on the servers.
6. DO NOT CONTACT OUR SPONSORS seeking additional help. It is not their fault, it is not a financial issue.
7. As a few people mentioned, technical problems sometimes take time to solve. Does a Doctor always get a diagnosis correct the first time? No, sometimes it is a matter of guess and check.
8. A lot of people here are making un-informed guesses as to what our challenges are, what parts of the site are causing the issues, and what needs to be done. Please try to refrain from this type of guessing as it causes the masses to get caught up in the wrong issues, leads to a bunch of unnecessary emails to jackie and I, and just complicates the issue.
9. Jackie and I DO know who to build and run a website, that is our profession, not a hobby. However, the foundation on which cake central was built was never meant to handle this many people, and so we have an issue of having to re-write the core code to be more scalable. This code should be ready in about 60 days, if we can get the servers stable enough to let us focus on that.
10. In summary, As always, this site is free, it will remain free, our problems are not an issue of finance at this moment, we are using all the resources at our disposal to figure out what is crashing the servers.
thanx Heath for the update . . . hope this eases everyone's mind that we will not be losing our beloved CC . . . thanx for all of your (you and Jackie!) continued hard work to make this already FABULOUS site even better . . .
Thanks for posting this, dragonflydreams. It just confirms my suspicions and I'm sure helps to alleviate fears and quell rumors from other members.
. . . and then Jackie said . . .
As most of you already know... CakeCentral.com has been experiencing non-stop problems since our hardware move last week.
we are very aware of the problems and are working as fast as we can to get this website stable.
Please hang in there!
This whole frustrating past few weeks has not just been 1 problem but a series of problems. We fix 1 thing, and 2 more things break.
We have a team of highly skilled technicians working on the hardware and the software to fix all of the problems permanently.
Cakecentral.com is not going anywhere... however my hair is from pulling it out
Please hang in there!
so let's all give them some breathing room and not add to their concerns . . . if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem . . . we can best support them by being patient and understanding they will fix this hiccup . . . "LONG LIVE CC"