I Am Looking For Some Feedback Pretty Pleeeeeeease!

Decorating By dkulak Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 8:09am by JanH

dkulak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkulak Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 5

I posted this in another section and had lots of views but no comments.

I am looking for whatever you've got....the good bad or ugly!

The client asked for black and white with a pop of pink.... I hope she likes it.... I am not loving it but I dont hate it

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 5

Its not bad at all,

If anything is screaming at me its the number, i'm thinking that its suppose to be 16 and the 1 is kind of looking like a 7 to me. Might just be the angle of the picture.

If you do it again, i would do the black diamonds all the way around the cake, even behind the numbers they look like an after thought.

I have a pet peeve about cake boards. you make a fabulous cake then place it on a ho hum board. The board would flow better if you covered it with black fondant then trimmed with pink ribbon. But i don't think these are things that your customer would notice.

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 5

I think that it looks good! I only have a few suggestions:
Next time try and get clean lines so that the topsy turvy really sticks out. It helps to be able to refridgerate your cakes before you cover them in fondant so you can get them. Also, I would thin up your fondant accents. They just seem slightly bulky compared to the cake. I also agree with continuing the diamond pattern all the way around the top tier as well.

You should be very proud of this cake - something like that is not easy at all and takes so much time!

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 5

i agree with both comments. it looks good and i think you've given them what they want - the black and white with harlequin pattern is a bit sophisticated and the pink pops. good job.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:09am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%