Rolie Polie Ollie With Billy Cake ...need Suggestions

Decorating By catin Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 1:10pm by hoped

catin Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 3

Ok , I got a call yesterday requesting two cakes . She wants a Rolie Polie Ollie Cake holding Hands with his Friend Billy . She also wants them all made edible . With Filling and Buttercream to go with it . She suggested on having Chocolate with Oreo Filling for one of the Cakes and Vanilla with Lemon Custard Filling for the other .

So I came up with a sketch on how i would make them. Now this is my dilema . Billy is square and I have no idea what size cake pan to use, to make him in proposion with Rolie( I'm thinking on using a ball pan for him ... Just half of the ball for the head , the other half for the body) . By my calculation the ball pan half is 6"round ...Is that right?

Has anyone made this before ? I need help on determining the Pan siz to use for Billy . Help me Please !!!

Julie

2 replies
catin Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 3

Please anyone .... I really need to get this solved .. the cake is due in a week ... So I don't have too much time .

hoped Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 3

It's hard to give advice without seeing your sketch, but Rolie Polie Olie and Billy have heads bigger than their body.
Maybe you can use a larger bowl for his head, and the ball pan for his body.
For Billy, you can carve him out of any size pan, since he is square/rectangle. That way it can be made to be proportioned to Olie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%