Cupcakes In Ice Cream Cones

Decorating By chqtpi Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 4:32am by CarolAnn

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 11

A couple quick questions...

What would be the best way to package these?! I was thinking of using the cupcake inserts to a 1/4 sheet box, but I dont think they will be deep enough..I still want them to look professional, but short of duct tape, I'm out of ideas icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

And whats the best guess on pricing? I'm new on the cupcake pricing, since I haven't had many orders for them....

Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 11

I have not sold any ice cream cone cupcakes, but I make them quite often for family. I'd probably charge $2.25. I have always had a hard time transporting them until last week when I took some to my kid's school for Easter. I used a shirt box and cut holes in it so each cone would fit in the hole snugly. Then I put that inside a larger box. It worked wonderfully.

Danacakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danacakes65 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 11

Im wondering if you could tell me how to make these,they sound wonderful?

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 11

I love the shirt box idea. If you have any of those scrapbooking circles that you use to cut out circles, you can use that to cut your holes so they are uniform and professional looking.

I'm not sure what to charge for cupcakes in a cone. What are your costs - cake mix, supplies, cones, icing, etc? How long did it take to make? Are you deliverying them? I'm working on my own pricing right now, but this is where I would start to determine per serving pricing. If I had to guess, I assume they would be around $2 a cupcake.

Dana: To make the cupcakes in ice cream cones, line up your cones on a baking sheet. Mix your batter and pour into the cones. Don't fill up too much otherwise they will spill over the sides when baking. I usually do them about 2/3 full. Bake them in the oven like you would an ordinary cupcake. Cool, then frost and decorate as you would anything else.

I loved doing these as a kid and am carrying over the tradition with my own daughter. She loved them.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danacakes65

Im wondering if you could tell me how to make these,they sound wonderful?

They are very easy. Just substitute a flat bottom ice cream cone instead of using a cupcake liner. Fill about 2/3 full. The tricky part is to bake them without them falling over. I us a mini cupcake pan an place one cone in each cavity. Sometimes I use a sheet pan stuffed with aluminum foil so there is no room for them to fall over.

The only icing I use for this is Rich's Bettercream. Use tip 1M and it tastes great and looks just like real ice cream. Add sprinkles and a cherry on top.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 11

I put this into my faves...Not sure if it's what you're looking for though! icon_smile.gif
LL

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:17am
post #7 of 11

yummymummy...WAY cute!! icon_smile.gif I love that idea!

Thanks everyone for your help! icon_smile.gif

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:23am
post #8 of 11

Glad I could help!

Danacakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danacakes65 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:07am
post #9 of 11

Thanks ladies.I cant wait to try them!!!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:20am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonisthegreek1

I have not sold any ice cream cone cupcakes, but I make them quite often for family. I'd probably charge $2.25. I have always had a hard time transporting them until last week when I took some to my kid's school for Easter. I used a shirt box and cut holes in it so each cone would fit in the hole snugly. Then I put that inside a larger box. It worked wonderfully.

I also have done this. It's in my pictures, except I used a shipping box. It's much sturdier than a shirt box. HTH.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:32am
post #11 of 11

Oh thanks for the shirt box idea!! I have been wondering how to stabilize the things for transport. I like the cup idea but it doesn't look like it's keep them from flopping sideways.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%