Got Violation!

Business By TheButterWench Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 5:35pm by TheButterWench

TheButterWench Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:50am
post #1 of 9

icon_surprised.gif

The Inspector from the Dept. of Agriculture came by today looking for a check!

A check?
icon_redface.gif

It seems that with all the out of pocket expenses and the lic and inspections and this and that I forgot to put the check in the mail for the Dept. of Agriculture inspection.

So, he gave me a violation for operating without a valid permit!!!

icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gif

I mean, everything is ok, he actually had some coffee and cupcake at the shop, lol, and just told me to send in the check ASAP.

He even said I could give him a check right there and now and he wouldn't write me up, but I'm a little short so I couldn't.

Thank goodness the Ole Hubby starts a new job tomorrow, he even said I could get some Fondant to do some display cakes.

I'm going to have to call on the family to lend me the $350.00+ for the permit so I don't incur any fines.

icon_redface.gif

I was so embarassed
icon_rolleyes.gif

8 replies
bigmama1961 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 6:00am
post #2 of 9

sounds like your lucks like mine when it rains it pours. but you hang in there he could have gaven you a break since you (gave) him coffee,cupcake..hope it get better for you..

amastercreation Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:16am
post #3 of 9

oh goodness! imagine if the visit was an april fools joke icon_eek.gif.

it's a good sign too when the health inspector stays and eats your goodies. icon_smile.gif

TheButterWench Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:04am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by amastercreation

oh goodness! imagine if the visit was an april fools joke icon_eek.gif.

it's a good sign too when the health inspector stays and eats your goodies. icon_smile.gif

Yep, that's what I thought and that made me happy. I mean if I hadn't just paid rent and utilities and phone , first of the month ya know. lol

I could've just given him the check right then and there and I wouldn't have gotten written up.

but, what is a girl to do?

I had to pay for all the inspections, Fire, Building, Health and Agriculture. It's not easy getting legal and I don't blame anyone that can bake from their homes. I just found out that down the street from my house someone is running a cupcake bakery and our little town is super strict.

They are in for a shock when they get busted, the town will be on them like gangbusters before the Health Dept. lol

indydebi Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 9

If you give him a check then and there, he won't write you up ...... hmmmmmm.

When I had my initial inspection, the inspector asked about when I was going to send in the payment. I told her I was ready to write her a check right then and there. She said, "I'm not allowed to accept any money or checks from you."

Each state is different......... icon_confused.gif

TheButterWench Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

If you give him a check then and there, he won't write you up ...... hmmmmmm.

When I had my initial inspection, the inspector asked about when I was going to send in the payment. I told her I was ready to write her a check right then and there. She said, "I'm not allowed to accept any money or checks from you."

Each state is different......... icon_confused.gif

Yes, the first initial inspection I was told that they would send me the bill, I did get it the bill and did put the check from the business account together with the bill as I always do. What he said was that he could accept a business check, no personal or cash.

As always, I then put all the bills with their checks in the clip inside the check book and then send them out as I balance the books week by week. I kept on icon_surprised.gif moving it further back until I misplaced it. (sort of overlooked it type of misplacing. Bad business practice, I know)

Sort of, I'll pay this next week sort of thing. I didn't realize that the permit is not valid unless paid for, I thought that as long as I had passed my inspection, got my permit, had it visible I was ok.

I learn something new everyday
thumbs_up.gif
and I thank God for the experience, Nothing in school really prepares you for real life.

littlecake Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 9

i forgot to send mine in a couple years ago...he showed up and thought uh oh.....

i sent it in the next week...there was a 50 dollar late fee attached to it.

my guy would never accept a crumb of food....i think he thinks of it as a bribe.

indydebi Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:27pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

my guy would never accept a crumb of food....i think he thinks of it as a bribe.

I offered mine a cookie once and he said he's not allowed to accept it. I said, "Man, if you can be bought with just one cookie, you work too cheap!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

TheButterWench Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 9

Too funny! I think he took it because he know how hard I am on myself. lol

and he paid for the items so I don't think that he thinks I was trying to bribe him when he himself asked for the items.

Just made me puff out my chest in pride. lol

But I can see where they are coming from, I once tried to offer a rookie cop a cup of coffee in NYC it was freezing and I didn't get what I wanted and I was told he couldn't accept it for the same reasons.

i was like

Whaaaaaaaa? So I dumped it out and tossed the cup in the garbage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%