How Do I Use A Rose Nail As A Heating Core?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 1 Apr 2008 , 5:31pm by KHalstead

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 3

the stores around me dont have heating cores and I dont have enough time to order one. I am making a 14 inch round cake for the first time this friday...for a 6, 10, 14 tiered cake...and I read after a 10 inch its best to use a heating core...so first off...do I put the nail in with the pointer side up and the flat round part down, second...is one enough? if I need more than one...how/where do I put the second/third one in?

thanks for your help!

April :0)

2 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 3

. . . one should be enough . . . just put the flat side down in your pan . . . then when you turn your cake out it is on the top and can easily be removed . . .

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 3

I use 2 nails for a 10" and up and for my sheet cakes.....I just space em' out...if you use one, put it in the center......if you use two space them out.........I usually put them so there is a couple inches between the two nails from the center and a couple inches from the edge of the pan........hope that makes sense....when I use two I dont put one directly in the middle....I put the two a few inches apart ...they will direct the heat to them so it's nice to have one every few inches of batter you have to help conduct the heat and bake the cake more evenly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%