Cc Throwdown #2 Has Now Began!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 12 May 2008 , 5:27pm by tonedna

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #31 of 496

I'm glad I found this thread!! I'm excited to see the designs for round 2.

Go girls!!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:13pm
post #32 of 496

I'm laughing here again, let the smack begin and let the cake scraps fly............... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Too funny lani anyway good luck to both. Can't wait to vote once again.

dolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolittle Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:17pm
post #33 of 496

Who are you calling a lurker Miss Chatty Patty! icon_lol.gif I've been busy icon_smile.gif

Hey Lariana Let me know if your going in May we could ride together .If Miss chatty Patty wins We may have to go steal one of her pigs icon_lol.gif .
Clarksvilles half way there you know. That would save us a trip later icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #34 of 496

LMAO

Wendy we are a bunch of goats here icon_biggrin.gif

Ohhhh yes.... and umm... I know where you live... maybe I oughta come steal your design icon_wink.gif

(((Hugs)))))))

Christi

dolittle Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:10pm
post #35 of 496

Oh that's better BBQ !! icon_lol.gif I 'm not much of a bacon eater anyway icon_smile.gif

What design? I have cake designers block icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #36 of 496

Block what block??? You know you don't get blocks!!! You have all the FREE time in the world to design!!

Well my pet pig and goat are gonna help me design this one!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #37 of 496

There's a lot of talk on this thread, but can you BRING IT?? lol I can't WAIT to see these cakes!! Good luck ladies!! icon_biggrin.gif

dolittle Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:42pm
post #38 of 496

No I can't Bring IT! icon_lol.gif
I have cake designers block and Christi 's pig and goat are pets .No BBQ or bacon. icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm
post #39 of 496

LOL

Oh I didn't say we didn't eat our pets...

(JUST JOKING icon_smile.gif )

Keep the goat for the milk for the cake and the pig for the lard!!!!! LOL

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #40 of 496

Well I can't wait to see both cakes!! Good luck both of you....Of course I got to cheer for Wendy icon_wink.gif
Tennessee got your back... I know your block well end soon!!!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:21pm
post #41 of 496

Ladies............

Start your mixers.........

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #42 of 496

can't wait to see pics., this is a great theme so many possibilites! I know what I would do already!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:08pm
post #43 of 496

You go girls!!! thumbs_up.gif

Good to see the thread getting going finally! Hopefully there will be no further major glitches with CC to slow it down again.

A pig & a goat.........what a cute combo and glad to know they are pets, not dinner! icon_biggrin.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:39pm
post #44 of 496

Here is some thoughts for Spring Time Fun and Spring things, might help.

Wild flowers blooming, starting on gardens (veg. or flower). Going out on the lake in the boat. Going on pinics, hikes, to the park, riding horses. Most pools open up in May, waterparks, amusement parks. Baseball, softball, golfing and other sports.

Birds and insects, butterflies, ladybugs, caterpillers, bees. Bar-B-Q's/cook outs, kids playing outside, satting on the porch in the swing watching the world go by icon_smile.gif . Going to the Zoo, Spring Festivals and/or fairs, Kentucky Derby, events, scenic drives. Thats all I can come up with.

Good Luck Ladies with your ideas, designs and cakes...Have fun!

God Bless,
Sharon

wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:18pm
post #45 of 496

LOL I wanna clear something up...

#1 I don't raise goats or pigs LOL
(I know my name is funny.. feel for my husband though cause his first name goes with our last LOL *think about it* )

ohhh man I can't wait till the 19th!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Have a beautiful day icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm
post #46 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

(I know my name is funny.. feel for my husband though cause his first name goes with our last LOL *think about it* )

ohhh man I can't wait till the 19th!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

baaaaa Billy ???

wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:41pm
post #47 of 496

LMAO

ding ding ding you have won the cake central prize of the month icon_wink.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:47pm
post #48 of 496

Yaaaaa Whooooo
I won~! I won~! *doin' a happy dance*

Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:37am
post #49 of 496
Quote:

ROFLMAO!!! You are hilarious!! OK, hmmmm, let me guess! Would that by any chance be William aka Billy............Goat?
I love reading your posts.............you crack me up!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I CAN'T WAIT until the 19th either! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:38am
post #50 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

baaaaa Billy ???

Hey! Do I get a prize too!! I didn't read page 4 before I replied to your post!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:01am
post #51 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

Here is some thoughts for Spring Time Fun and Spring things, might help.

Wild flowers blooming, God Bless,
Sharon

Hey Sharon! icon_biggrin.gif I know I've told you a zillion times but it is soooooooo good to be reading your posts again! You were certainly missed while you were away!

Anyway, wanted to tell you how much fun we had yesterday at the DOS in Winnie. Let me tell you......Sharon, aka Sugarshack, is a hoot!!! What a sweet, kind and crack you up person she is! Jennifer Dontz is fabulous as well and had a HUGE variety of awesome cake toys to sell us, and yes, I bought bag after bag of toys from Sharon, Jennifer, and Sheila from The Cake Craft Shoppe. Denise Talbot, pres of the SE Texas Cake Club which sponsored the DOS, did a demo on Apple and Cherry blossoms. She is a kill too and will have you laughing from time to time throughout the entire day. Oh, and Dena Bryngelson made a fabulous Guitar cake and demonstrated her airbrushing techniques. Learned a lot there for sure! They ALL did awesome demonstrations and we learned so much from each of them. Just watching all their techniques is priceless!
Hubby went with me and he enjoyed listening to and watching "all them gals" perform as much as I did! icon_lol.gif
I thought about you several times throughout the day and wished you could have been there with us. You need to find a way to get here for next years and I'll take care of the rest........got a couple of guest rooms just waiting to be filled up for a few days! Christi, that goes for you too and I am being serious! Any Houston area event you two have got a home away from home right here. thumbs_up.gif
Now I can't imagine missing another DOS and I also now know the meaning of DOS, Day of Sharing, to its fullest! I am in love with all they have to offer and share...... Most of the people there have big hearts and it shows! You both would fit right in so come on down!!! icon_biggrin.gif
Gosh, just realized I have written a book! You said you wanted to hear about it but I doubt you wanted to read a book on the subject! icon_redface.gif I could go on and on but will quit rambling about it.........for now anyway! icon_lol.gif

Caker_Girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caker_Girl Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #52 of 496

Wanted to officially wish you both luck! Can't wait to see these fab spring cakes! Woo hoo! (I'm the TD#2 cheerleader!).

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:47am
post #53 of 496

Ohhhh, Bless your heart Lea...for telling me all about it, I thought about you gals this weekend. NO! you did not write a book icon_biggrin.gif I could have read more and more about it thumbs_up.gif

I knew those ladies would be a blast to be with. Sorry I couldn't be there to share in the fun and buy some great cake toys, but maybe someday I will get the chance. I am happy for you Lea, that you got to meet them, learn new things and that you had fun. How sweet that your DH got to shared this with you, good for him thumbs_up.gif Oh and thank you so much for the invite...never know when I may take you up on that offer icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks also for the welcome back....it's great to be back, I missed so many people while I was gone and it feels wonderful to speak with friends again.

O.K. I agree, start thoses mixers, get out those game plays, dribble those cakes over to the ovens, and shoot those borders on them cakes, score with the decorating moves...and go for the slam dunk in the voting! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Sorry just couldn't help it being a Wildcat and a Big Blue Fan, he he he.

God Bless,
Sharon

wgoat5 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:00am
post #54 of 496

(((((big ole Ky hugs to all of ya )))))

Lea ya know I am jealous!!! What did you buy at the DOS???????????? Do tell!!!!
And I really appreciate you making me feel so welcome if they have another DOS there!! I would SOOO love to come!!!

Ohhh Audrey... icon_biggrin.gif I'm gonna need my own personal cheerleader... I'm scared of Wendy and her talent !!!!!!!!!!

LOL Laura it wasn't too hard to guess was it? My poor Dh had a hard time when he was growing up LOL

I can't wait till the 19th!!!!! Ohhh Wendy did you place a order yet???? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

You all have a great day!!!!!

Caker_Girl Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #55 of 496

T-D we want a throwdown! T-D we want a throwdown!

(I have re-vamped one of my high school football cheers of T-D we want a touchdown).

Got my pompoms ready!

Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:30pm
post #56 of 496

Oh Sharon, they are a LOT of fun to be around and I do hope you take me up on the Hotel Lea when you come to town!

Christi, guuuuurrrrrrllllllllllllll, I spent almost 400.00 on cake toys so to many to remember probably. Off the top of my head.......several floral cutters, leaf veiners, embossers, celcakes board, one of those stainless steel double ended ball tools for flower making, large cel pad, palette knife, and I can't remember what else but lots of fun stuff and today I am putting some of it to use! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Jen demo'd this really neat way to make stunning leaves and that is what I am going to attempt doing today so wish me luck! She is such a pro and I can only hope for mine to come out half as gorgeous as hers.
Will post pics if they don't break my camera in the process! icon_rolleyes.gif
You come on down anytime you want to! Would love to have you and Lord only knows we would have fun with caking! icon_biggrin.gif

Caker-Girl, you are funny! Now I have that cheer going through my brain! icon_lol.gif

Caker_Girl Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm
post #57 of 496

And God knows if I could fit into my high school cheerleading uniform, I would put it on just for this special occasion but um yeah, that's so not going to happen. Thanks in part to CAKE!

wgoat5 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:54pm
post #58 of 496

LMAO you guys have me rolling in fondant dust!!!!

Well guys I want you all to say a little prayer for Wendy today! She had a hard time ordering her supplies this morning ( Poor thing was trying to order colors and thought when she went to look at her order that they put the color mixing chart on her order instead.. and started deleting it... well.. the computer was running slow and she started deleting... come to find out she deleted all her colors !!! LOL sorry don't mean to laugh but... I felt sooo bad for her!!! (ok laughing a little harder now). So I hope she got her order off!!!

Wendy I'm not laughing AT you I'm laughing WITH you my dear icon_wink.gif

Ummmm Audry? I couldn't fit my little finger in ANYTHING I wore in high school icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

I look at cake pictures and gain weight!!!!

Lea tell me what the cel board is for... I have seen it along with the cel formers but never knew what it was!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Talk to you all soon!!!

Teekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:32pm
post #59 of 496

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16794

Christi, above is a link to a picture of the celcakes board identical to the one I purchased. They come in 2 sizes, medium and large, my hands went to the large because I like all the space I can get when working with sugarpaste. The vertical lines in the board is the main vein of the leaf you are creating. Simply roll your gumpaste out very thinly over the board. The grooves automatically fill up with gumpaste. Take your cutter and center it vertically with the vein and press down. Pick your leaf up and the center of the leaf will be thicker because of the groove in the board. This thicker center vein is where you will insert your floral wire into the leaf.
Does that make sense?? If not I'll try to explain better but I think after you see the board and have read this you will get the picture. Now I know how all them ther pros make such perfect looking leaves!! icon_biggrin.gif And it is soooooooooooooooo easy! A MUST HAVE cake toy if you want to make the very best leaf and flower veins possible. thumbs_up.gif

Poor Wendy! How frustrating for that to happen and I am sure some of her order had to do with competing with you in the TD!! MORE frustrating!! icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

Audry, just put it on your arm like I would have to do these days and start swinging! icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:43pm
post #60 of 496

Thanks for the definition Lea!!! I totally understand and I need to order one!!!!

Yes poor Wendy.. and yes it was for the TD.... She is soo doggone busy that I feel bad for her!!!

Im hoping she got her order done ok though.. if not she might not get it by the weekend (and she REALLY needed it by then icon_sad.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%