Cc Throwdown #2 Has Now Began!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 12 May 2008 , 5:27pm by tonedna

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:01pm
post #181 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Had a dream last night about a CC TD Challenge. In one kitchen was Laura and in the other was Edna...they were on Food Network.
Sharon

Lea, got one of the Hannah Montana cakes up in my photo's. The pic of the other cake didn't turn out very good. I hope someone from the party got a better pic, they may be able to send me.

ROFLOL!! Sharon, you are hilarious and I can picture all you have written! icon_lol.gif

I'll go look at your HM cake right now! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:21pm
post #182 of 496

BrandisBaked and Cocorum21................Have you decided on a theme for May yet?
What a terrific challenge the two of you promise to be!! Woo hoo!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #183 of 496

Cocorum21 and Brandisbaked need your help for their May TD theme.

Please go here to vote and help them decide what to do!!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-583589.html

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 2:58pm
post #184 of 496

I voted Luau, this is SOOOOO popular right now and the ideas are endless. I had offered to be a poster on the other thread and when I went back to read it it said use this thread.... so I don't mind being a poster for a team.... just let me know. Thanks!

~lori~

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:52pm
post #185 of 496

I love Luau BUT I voted rodeo.. just sounds funnnnn to me LOL icon_biggrin.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #186 of 496

How long do we leave the poll open?

wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 6:35pm
post #187 of 496

You could leave it up till the last day of April icon_smile.gif ..

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 6:36am
post #188 of 496

icon_lol.gif I am happy you all got a laugh out of my little dream (story)...he he he it was funny. I don't know what got into me, guess I was so tried from doing 2 cakes and 24 cc's...that I got silly icon_lol.gif I did have fun writing it. I will be sure to do a up-date, if I ever finish the dream icon_lol.gif That reminds me, anyone seen Edna....I bet she's knee deep in BC with that 2 foot piping bag, she's crusted to the floor. I am going to call her the "Pipe-inator" icon_lol.gif

Lea, Thank You so much for your sweet wonderful comment on my Hannah Montana cake, it means alot to me...but after this weekend I am in no big hurry for anymore Hannah! I can't a better pic of the 1st. I did Sat. so guess I'll have to post what I have. It's a sad thing too, cause it does not show just how nice that cake turned out icon_sad.gif My flash is not working on my camera right, so pics taken inside don't look so good.

I'm with Christi, I voted Rodeo...because I think it would make for a very interesting cake. Well if they need to know anything about laso's, Lea can help them out there icon_lol.gif

Good Luck to all challenger's!
God Bless,
Sharon

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:22am
post #189 of 496

sharon

i loved your dream - lol glad im not the only one with a wild wild imagination - lol you keep dreaming them up - we will keep reading them

thanks for the fantastic laughs

you guys on the challenges - have fun - looking forward to seeing the end results - go girls!!!

grannys3angels Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:33pm
post #190 of 496

icon_biggrin.gif Glad you got a laugh out of it Janine1972, laughing is good for the heart and soul...well could also add, good for the body and mind to that list icon_smile.gif

Lea, got the 1st Hannah Montana cak I did Friday posted. I am so unhappy with the pic. There is a big difference between the pic taken inside and the 2nd cake pic, taken outside. At least it was stunning when all the 6 lights were on icon_smile.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Teekakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:38pm
post #191 of 496

Cocorum and Brandis poll is running for 8 days. I thought that would be plenty of time for most everyone to see it and be able to vote. Also, it will end in time for Christi and I to get the new May TD thread posted and all TD'rs listed.

Sharon, now what makes you think IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiii would know anything about a lasso??!! icon_lol.gif Seen a lot of them thrown at various rodeo's but couldn't throw one to catch a cow if I was starving! icon_lol.gif Those things are tooooo tricky for me!!! Gotta be Joe icon_cool.gif to throw something like that and catch the cow!
Your HM cakes are so awesome! I'm going to go look again and see what you uploaded now. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I voted for the Hawaiian theme because I love love love tropical designs, they are probably my fav of all. Hmmmmmmm, rodeo is ahead by one! I'm gonna call everyone I know with a computer and tell them to vote Luau!! icon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm
post #192 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Sharon, now what makes you think IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiii would know anything about a lasso??!! icon_lol.gif Seen a lot of them thrown at various rodeo's but couldn't throw one to catch a cow if I was starving! icon_lol.gif Those things are tooooo tricky for me!!! Gotta be Joe icon_cool.gif to throw something like that and catch the cow!
Your HM cakes are so awesome! I'm going to go look again and see what you uploaded now. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Well you couldn't prove it by what I saw you doing in my dream (he he he). Lady it was like you were at a Rodeo, you would lasso the people in the audience, tie up their hands and feet, then throw your arms in the air and yell"Time". icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

O.K., up-date....I found where Edna has been (not sure if she took her 2 foot piping bag or not icon_lol.gif ) She has been Central Florida Fair Competition and took 1st.! place in Weddings and Best Of Show! WTG!!! Edna...a very stunning cake, everything about it is just beautiful, awesome, breath taking! You and your cake both definitely deserved that win thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Oh, Edna....if you mightbe wondering about you and the 2 foot piping bag, go back to page 12 and read my post (April 20 at 7:41 pm). Again, CONGRATS! on your win.

Teekakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:13pm
post #193 of 496
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Well you couldn't prove it by what I saw you doing in my dream (he he he). Lady it was like you were at a Rodeo, you would lasso the people in the audience, tie up their hands and feet, then throw your arms in the air and yell"Time". icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

O.K., up-date....I found where Edna has been (not sure if she took her 2 foot piping bag or not icon_lol.gif ) She has been Central Florida Fair Competition and took 1st.! place in Weddings and Best Of Show! WTG!!! Edna...a very stunning cake, everything about it is just beautiful, awesome, breath taking! You and your cake both definitely deserved that win thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Oh, Edna....if you mightbe wondering about you and the 2 foot piping bag, go back to page 12 and read my post (April 20 at 7:41 pm). Again, CONGRATS! on your win.

Well you were definitely dreaming!! icon_lol.gif Nice thought though, I can certainly think of a few things I WOULD like to lasso! LOL

CONGRATS on your BIG WIN, Edna!!! Wooooo Hoooooooo!!! icon_biggrin.gif Winning in Florida is a statement by any standards!! Wow!

Teekakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:23pm
post #194 of 496

THROWDOWN UPDATE - PLEASE READ!

We, Christi and I, have decided there should be a limit as to how many TD's can be going on in any given month and have set the limit at 6 TD Teams.
By limiting the teams to 6 will keep down confusion come voting time AND allow each challenger their week of glory come time to show off their fine work and be voted on. icon_biggrin.gif

We now have 6 teams for May. However, one team is pending so there may be an opening for one more team. Will let you know as soon as the TD has been confirmed or not.

Hurry up May 1st so the battles can begin!!!!

ALSO, if you have not voted for Cocorum21's and Brandisbaked theme yet please go do so now by clicking on this link,
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5899956#top

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 8:37pm
post #195 of 496
Quote:

ALSO, if you have not voted for Cocorum21's and Brandisbaked theme yet please go do so now by clicking on this link,
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5899956#top

psssssst... vote for frogs!

Heh... kidding. Cocorum21 would kill me! LOL!

Teekakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #196 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Quote:

psssssst... vote for frogs!

Heh... kidding. Cocorum21 would kill me! LOL!

Oh dear me! I LOVE frogs, especially Tree Frogs, and was torn for a few minutes between the frogs and the hawaiian.

So tell me, why couldn't you have a tree frog living in a Pineapple plant or sitting in a pile of Plumeria???? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I DO have tree frogs living all around my Plumeria tree, seriously!!!

Teekakes Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:19pm
post #197 of 496

UPDATE.....................

The 6th and final team has now been confirmed as a thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

On May 1st a new thread will begin for the May TD's and a link to it will be posted here and this one closed out. Your 6 TD teams and their themes will be posted on that thread.

In the meantime, this continues to be the offical TD thread. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #198 of 496
Quote:

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Another TD.WOW! can't wait ladies to see your cakes...oh this is going to be Fun, Fun Fun!

Had a dream last night about a CC TD Challenge. In one kitchen was Laura and in the other was Edna...they were on Food Network. All was going well tillllll...some decorating trash talk started and IMHO, I think a lady sitting in the audience (someone was calling her Christi, AKA-Wgoat5) was edging it on icon_surprised.gif . Then War Of The Decorators started (oh no)! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Not sure who started it first (still IMHO it was Christi, who then had a side kick name Lea, (AKA-Teekakes) in on it now), but Laura was making Fondant Bomb Balls, loaded with melted chot. and throwing them at Edna. Edna had a 2 foot. piping bag (ok, ok I know, remember it's a dream), one end under her arm and holding the tip with both hands...shooting BC at Laura like she was shooting a gun.

Then some lady in the audience (IMHO Lea, Christi side kick) started yelling "Oh No! she has a piping bag! It's a drive by piping! Just at that time Edna turned around, while the lady (Lea) was yelling and shot her mouth full of BC. By that time all pandemonium broke out in the Food Network audience. Lea pull a (sugar) crafter's tool out and started shooting laso's around people and pulling them to the floor. Last I saw of Christi she was armed with huge KA Mixer, mixing everyone's apron's into a knot.
Then I woke up because I had a cake to make. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I hope everyone know's I am just joking and trying to have a laugh, hope you have a laugh also. Sharon is now in hiding from those this stroy is about, praying they don't come after her with their...fondant bomb balls, piping bag shooter, SC'er Tool and KA Mixer. icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Lea, got one of the Hannah Montana cakes up in my photo's. The pic of the other cake didn't turn out very good. I hope someone from the party got a better pic, they may be able to send me.

ROFLMAO..... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ...I was missing all the fun on this thread OMG!!!!....lol
Laura I am about to hunt you down!... icon_lol.gif Be scared very scared! icon_twisted.gif

OK....I need to stop laughing ...tummy hurts

wgoat5 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:01pm
post #199 of 496

Hey Laura and Edna? Can't you all commit to a June TD??? HUH? HUH? HUH???? Come on icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:35pm
post #200 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:

chanting.......LAURA LAURA LAURA LAURA!

EDNA EDNA EDNA EDNA!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Laura<running to hide shhh.gif Have ya'll lost your minds?? Surely you have seen Edna's cakes thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif "Amazing" does not begin to cover her talents, and I can only bow to her incredible abilities princess.gifprincess.gif

lol...laura dont make me laugh!...I know you are just as good as me!

tonedna Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:38pm
post #201 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Hey Laura and Edna? Can't you all commit to a June TD??? HUH? HUH? HUH???? Come on icon_smile.gif

Well...Is all in Lauras hands!... icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif....ok now I am scared!
icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:47pm
post #202 of 496
Quote:

icon_lol.gif I am happy you all got a laugh out of my little dream (story)...he he he it was funny. I don't know what got into me, guess I was so tried from doing 2 cakes and 24 cc's...that I got silly icon_lol.gif I did have fun writing it. I will be sure to do a up-date, if I ever finish the dream icon_lol.gif That reminds me, anyone seen Edna....I bet she's knee deep in BC with that 2 foot piping bag, she's crusted to the floor. I am going to call her the "Pipe-inator" icon_lol.gif

Lea, Thank You so much for your sweet wonderful comment on my Hannah Montana cake, it means alot to me...but after this weekend I am in no big hurry for anymore Hannah! I can't a better pic of the 1st. I did Sat. so guess I'll have to post what I have. It's a sad thing too, cause it does not show just how nice that cake turned out icon_sad.gif My flash is not working on my camera right, so pics taken inside don't look so good.

I'm with Christi, I voted Rodeo...because I think it would make for a very interesting cake. Well if they need to know anything about laso's, Lea can help them out there icon_lol.gif

Good Luck to all challenger's!
God Bless,
Sharon

I was lost Sharon icon_redface.gif ...CC was not connecting icon_sad.gif plus I had 2 weeks of 11 and 7 weddings icon_cry.gif ....But I am back!!!!!!! icon_twisted.gif I missed you guys! icon_cry.gif ...You see all the posts I just added! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

wgoat5 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 10:51pm
post #203 of 496

Ok Edna .. come do my cakes and let me get paid for them and I'll be happy!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:56pm
post #204 of 496

lol...Christi...I am needing a vacation!!! icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:03am
post #205 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Well...Is all in Lauras hands!... icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif....ok now I am scared!
icon_lol.gif

Ha~! Don't make me laugh icon_rolleyes.gif I can't hold a candle to your masterpieces icon_wink.gif however ....... I never could resist a dare icon_twisted.gif so.....
June it is
oh no, what have I done? ouch.gif

tonedna Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:14am
post #206 of 496

icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gif I am scared!... judge.gif I say it's on... icon_twisted.gif
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif...Oh god... I am nervous now!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:18am
post #207 of 496

Edna when whoever wins... I get the prize!!! I want.. (here's my list)

1. Fondant Sheeter
2. Hobart Mixer
3. Store Front
4. Fondant Sheeter
5. 2 free years worth of FREE lessons from Laura and Edna LOL

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:29am
post #208 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gif I am scared!... judge.gif I say it's on... icon_twisted.gif
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif...Oh god... I am nervous now!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Just a friendly little competition, right? icon_redface.gif
LL

tonedna Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:44am
post #209 of 496

Lol Christy...I dont even have a sheeter!...

Hey laura! Is that you grabbing my neck icon_redface.gif
Of course friendly...I might even let you win!...icon_lol.gif
Edna

wgoat5 Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:50am
post #210 of 496

Ohhh I LOVE smack talking LOL
WOOO HOOOOO...

Women buttercream wrestling LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%