Cc Throwdown #2 Has Now Began!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 12 May 2008 , 5:27pm by tonedna

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:25am
post #151 of 496

I almost miss this throwdown..Gots lots to read..I hate missing it!...Who is next!...
Edna

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 9:08am
post #152 of 496

Wendoger if Grace and yourself are going to do a throwdown that is GREAT.. just pm Lea or I and we will tell you why somebody else posts your pics..

Well I'll tell ya here...

It's fair... It just gives everybody a chance... if they don't know your cake from her cake then they can't vote just for the person but for the cake icon_smile.gif ... You can pick someone who is willing to post the cakes for you all and announce the throwdown you are in... Lea and I are more then willing to do this...

Right now I think there are like 3 sets of Throwdowners planning and wanting to do this...

Lea we might have to make a cut off.. it might start getting hard to keep them all apart ???

Just pm me or Lea if anybody is interested...

icon_smile.gif
So glad you all are interested!!!!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:34pm
post #153 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

Thank You Lea your a sweetie! Oh hon don't be sorry...want to hear something funny, I had forgot it was my birthday till my daughter & grand daughter said Happy Birthday icon_lol.gif Then I got a wonderful surprized PM from Christi with birthday wishes, thanks again Christi, you wildcat icon_biggrin.gif .

I don't know if had to do with getting older or if I just didn't want to remember I was older icon_lol.gif I did get a gun from Beryl's (thanks to your post about it) and if all goes well I'll get to order Sharon's (Sugarshack) stacking dvd...but the best gift was hearing my 5yr. grandd, almost 3yr. grandson and 18 month old grandd say "Happy Birthday Mammow" oh yea that got the tears flowing.

God Bless,
Sharon

How sweet, Sharon. Those grandbabies can quickly bring us to our knees can't they. icon_smile.gif Both of my gbabies will be here for much of the weekend and no doubt my granddaughter and I will at some point be baking up a storm in her Easy Bake Oven! icon_biggrin.gif Can you believe we burned a sugar cookie in that thing!! icon_surprised.gif

Have you tried your new Extruder Gun out yet? Pretty neat huh! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:45pm
post #154 of 496

Yes! So happy to see so many are wanting to participate in TD"s for the month of May! icon_smile.gif

With good organization Christi and I should be able to work all of the TD's in one common thread so everyone can keep it straight and not get confused as to what is going on. Then we can have sooooooooo much fun voting on all the TD's all at once, and again, in one "voting thread".
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! icon_biggrin.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 1:59pm
post #155 of 496

Wendy dearest: *hugs* for you. Call me if you need anything and I am right there for you!

Christy: Wow! Great cake! That would have been a great competition cake against the great Wendy. You guys are a good match for one another.

Love, Loriana

PS-I was building conspiracy... never saw Wendy in the baking isle buying neon LOL. Dangit! Oh well... for all I'm worth, she is probably working in pastel colors to boot! icon_lol.gif Can't wait to see your next cake when you get time to work on it. Family first!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #156 of 496

Oh my, so sorry Wgoat5 and Dolittle on your Throwdown cancellation. Dolittle, your family is in my prayers. On a lighter note, Wgoat5 your cake is absolutely adorable!

*****************************************Throwdown #3 for May
I am very happy and excited that Couturiere has agreed to my challenge and I can barely wait for May to begin so we can start the Throwdown #3! Thank you Couturiere!!!!! It will be so much fun.

tonedna Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #157 of 496

Do you guys have a theme already Tiptop? icon_rolleyes.gif
Edna

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:20pm
post #158 of 496

Yeppers - "Ribbons and Lace" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Should be a good 'ol rip roaring, fancy dancy, frou-frou sort of month. icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #159 of 496

wooo..nice...I like that theme!!...;D

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:40pm
post #160 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Can you believe we burned a sugar cookie in that thing!! icon_surprised.gif

Have you tried your new Extruder Gun out yet? Pretty neat huh! icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I can...my daughter had to take 2 of those back (for my grandd) to the store. They kept getting really really HOT very fast and blowing the light blubs. So the last time she took it back she didn't get another one.

Yes, I got to use the gun last night on one of the Hannah Montana (decoration) cakes I am doing. I love it, it was so much easlier then trying to roll out what I needed...and in no time at all. I have wanted one for almost a year.

Tiptop you and Couturiere are a wonderful match (IMO),... you both make amazing cakes! Love, Love, Love the theme!!! thumbs_up.gif and I can't wait to see what you two ladies come up with. Have FUN!!!

God Bless,
Sharon

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:00pm
post #161 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Yeppers - "Ribbons and Lace" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Should be a good 'ol rip roaring, fancy dancy, frou-frou sort of month. icon_biggrin.gif

Ohhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh I love, love, love that theme.. Can't wait for the play by play on this match....... party.gif

tonedna Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:02pm
post #162 of 496

haha Laura me neither...is going to be fun!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm
post #163 of 496

ohhh Edna.... Why don't you challenge someone my dear? And Laura??? Ya know ya wanna icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

(I better stop now LOL Couturiere is going to come hunt me down LOL)

JUST FELT ANOTHER EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 3:22pm
post #164 of 496

Wendy - you and your family are in my prayers, i hope that you have a safe trip and that they make a speedy and full recovery! God Bless

Wgoat 5 - your cake is awesome - i adore it - too cute for words - !!!

sharon - just have tons of fun playing with your new toys - lol

i too cant wait to see the next challenge - sounds interesting

Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #165 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Ribbons and Lace!! Oooooh, I love it!!! icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:30pm
post #166 of 496

Ok Ladies.. here is another Throwdown team ...

LADYONZLAKE AND WENDOGER

WOOO HOOO guys ...

anybody else???

good luck guys icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:32pm
post #167 of 496
Quote:

Yes, I can...my daughter had to take 2 of those back (for my grandd) to the store. They kept getting really really HOT very fast and blowing the light blubs. So the last time she took it back she didn't get another one.

Yes, I got to use the gun last night on one of the Hannah Montana (decoration) cakes I am doing. I love it, it was so much easlier then trying to roll out what I needed...and in no time at all. I have wanted one for almost a year.

God Bless,
Sharon

I knew they had a recall last year so we waited to get our Granddaughter one until a month ago. So far it is baking beautifully.........she just rolled a sugar cookie to thin and Nana Momma didn't think about it cooking quicker because of it so it burned. Guess which cookie Nana Momma had to eat!! icon_wink.gif Yuck!! thumbsdown.gif

So glad you are happy with your gun and got to use it last night. Have you uploaded the picture yet? Let me know when you do so I don't miss out seeing it! icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:34pm
post #168 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

ohhh Edna.... Why don't you challenge someone my dear? And Laura??? Ya know ya wanna icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

(I better stop now LOL Couturiere is going to come hunt me down LOL)

JUST FELT ANOTHER EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!

You can't be talkin to me icon_eek.gif I'm scared of you now (shivering) That was some cake you did.. thumbs_up.gif I am still staring at it icon_wink.gif

wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 4:37pm
post #169 of 496

Ohh now COME ON LAURA!!! My cake doesn't come close to yours!!!!! did you know ALL your cakes are in my favs!!!!!

Laura... now my dear.. just pull out the ole sugar gun and do a challenge icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok I'll stop lol... I know yer busy my friend!!!

Teekakes Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 5:00pm
post #170 of 496

chanting.......LAURA LAURA LAURA LAURA!

EDNA EDNA EDNA EDNA!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #171 of 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

chanting.......LAURA LAURA LAURA LAURA!

EDNA EDNA EDNA EDNA!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Laura<running to hide shhh.gif Have ya'll lost your minds?? Surely you have seen Edna's cakes thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif "Amazing" does not begin to cover her talents, and I can only bow to her incredible abilities princess.gifprincess.gif

wgoat5 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 2:23pm
post #172 of 496

LOL

You make me laugh Laura!!!!

Have you checked your glasses lately dear? LOL

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #173 of 496

lol, you guys make me laugh!

Wendy, just wanted to let you know your family is in my thoughts.

Christi, I just loved that cake! So cute! And btw, your Anniversary is on the best day ever! icon_lol.gif

These new TD's are gonna produce some beautiful cakes!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:15pm
post #174 of 496

Wendy (Wendoger) and I have decided our theme will be "Mother's Day".

wgoat5 Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #175 of 496

Great theme Jacqui!!!! Can't wait!!!

*singing "I'm sooo excited *

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 6:07pm
post #176 of 496

You crazy girl! icon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm
post #177 of 496

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Another TD.WOW! can't wait ladies to see your cakes...oh this is going to be Fun, Fun Fun!

Had a dream last night about a CC TD Challenge. In one kitchen was Laura and in the other was Edna...they were on Food Network. All was going well tillllll...some decorating trash talk started and IMHO, I think a lady sitting in the audience (someone was calling her Christi, AKA-Wgoat5) was edging it on icon_surprised.gif . Then War Of The Decorators started (oh no)! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Not sure who started it first (still IMHO it was Christi, who then had a side kick name Lea, (AKA-Teekakes) in on it now), but Laura was making Fondant Bomb Balls, loaded with melted chot. and throwing them at Edna. Edna had a 2 foot. piping bag (ok, ok I know, remember it's a dream), one end under her arm and holding the tip with both hands...shooting BC at Laura like she was shooting a gun.

Then some lady in the audience (IMHO Lea, Christi side kick) started yelling "Oh No! she has a piping bag! It's a drive by piping! Just at that time Edna turned around, while the lady (Lea) was yelling and shot her mouth full of BC. By that time all pandemonium broke out in the Food Network audience. Lea pull a (sugar) crafter's tool out and started shooting laso's around people and pulling them to the floor. Last I saw of Christi she was armed with huge KA Mixer, mixing everyone's apron's into a knot.
Then I woke up because I had a cake to make. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I hope everyone know's I am just joking and trying to have a laugh, hope you have a laugh also. Sharon is now in hiding from those this stroy is about, praying they don't come after her with their...fondant bomb balls, piping bag shooter, SC'er Tool and KA Mixer. icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Lea, got one of the Hannah Montana cakes up in my photo's. The pic of the other cake didn't turn out very good. I hope someone from the party got a better pic, they may be able to send me.

Meloda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meloda Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:42am
post #178 of 496

ROFLMAO!!!!! I missed this thread after the very first posting, had 12 pages to read icon_confused.gif Sharon and Laura, you two could have a job on Iron Chef America, you both could give Alton a run for his money commentating. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. I got on CC to find ideas for a retirement cake but got sidetracked here.

Wendy my prayers go out to you and your family. I have a 4 month old GD named Olivia, she is our joy.

Christi- your cake was absolutely adorable - no picking here.

Laura- Christi is right your cakes blow me away. thumbs_up.gif

To everyone else this website is too much fun, I don't get anything done when I get on here. I just read!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ( and LAUGH) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:58am
post #179 of 496
Quote:

Had a dream last night about a CC TD Challenge. In one kitchen was Laura and in the other was Edna...they were on Food Network. All was going well tillllll...some decorating trash talk started and IMHO, I think a lady sitting in the audience (someone was calling her Christi, AKA-Wgoat5) was edging it on icon_surprised.gif . Then War Of The Decorators started (oh no)! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I hope everyone know's I am just joking and trying to have a laugh, hope you have a laugh also. Sharon is now in hiding from those this stroy is about, praying they don't come after her with their...fondant bomb balls, piping bag shooter, SC'er Tool and KA Mixer. icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Laura<laying on the floor holding my belly and trying not to have an accident icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You crack me up Sharon.. Only someone on a sugar high could dream that up dunce.gif I feel a conspiracy going on here to convince me to give it up and throw my hat in the ring..... CHRISTI.. where are you? I know you are hiding around here and giggling with your cute southern accent... I'm going to find you, and I'm bringing my fondant balls with me... detective.gif

wgoat5 Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 9:59am
post #180 of 496

ROFLMAO...

If I didn't just wake up and go to the bathroom.. I'd have to have this recliner sent out LOL

Sharon you are too cute!!!!

Wha? Laura? Southern accent? what? ME? Naaa you must be talking about someone else !! LOL icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%