Help Need A Price For These Cakes

Decorating By oliveoyle Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 3:52pm by ccr03

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 4

Woman just called wants a wedding cake three of them actually, 3 three tierd with buttercream nothing fancy just the basic white wedding cake . 12,8and 6 inch tiers ,and will this feed three hundred people?HELP and TIA

3 replies
loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Oliveoyle,

You will have to bake the correct sized cakes to feed 300 and it may not be 3 tiers, you may need 5 tiers, depending on your sizing. I would use my home & hobby pricing matrix, or Alice's professional matrix to determine how much ingredients will cost you and what size pans will feed how many people, etc...

Attached is the file. You will need Microsoft Excel 97' or newer to open. Good luck!

PS-As to design, a simple cake can have some pretty white bordering. If you are new to cakes, check out Wilton's wedding cake book or Martha Stewart wedding book which is new. The MS book has some great, simple cakes.

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 4

thanks for the advise, not new to cakes just haven't done many wedding cakes.not sure I made myself clear she wants three separate 3 tier cakes to feed three hundred and I'm not sure what size to make the tiers will check out the matrix as you suggested

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 4

When figuring out what sizes to use, I LOVE Earlene's serving chart! She has a quick reference to what sizes you need to use for xx number of servings. I would suggest printing out it out and using it as a reference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%