momsandraven Posted 10 Feb 2005 , 8:01pm
post #1 of

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here, so I'll introduce myself as well. My name is Beth and I have recently discovered that I love decorating cakes! icon_smile.gif I am a SAHM of a 2yo son and 3yo daughter.

I've been asked to make a cake for my friend's daughter's party. The invitations were confidential Memos (For Your Eyes Only) stating that she will be "007" (7 years old), so it is a spy theme. So far, I've thought of a question mark or magnifying glass. I was hoping to do a KimPossible cake, but the little girl has never seen the show. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance! detective.gif

Beth
(Mom Sandraven)

9 replies
m0use Posted 10 Feb 2005 , 8:16pm
post #2 of

Welcome icon_biggrin.gif
I found this on the internet- instead of gummy feet you could put little binoculars on it.
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_pvteye/

Hope it helps!

momsandraven Posted 11 Feb 2005 , 7:09pm
post #3 of

Thanks m0use! I love that FamilyFun site, I'm surprised I didn't see that one before.

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 11 Feb 2005 , 7:42pm
post #4 of

I think that same style cake but stating "007" would be fun.

momsandraven Posted 15 Feb 2005 , 4:08pm
post #5 of

Cali4dawn,
That is an excellent idea! I just went to www.007.com and printed out the logo. (I can't believe there is really a web page "007.com"!) It's funny how sometimes the most obvious choice is right under our nose and we fail to see it at all. LOL Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Beth
Mom Sandraven

tripletmom Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 1:46am
post #6 of

Hi there!

I just did a cake with a spy theme this past weekend. Man, did I have to rack my brains to try and figure this one out! I went to the dollar store and bought a magnifying class and 1950's style sunglasses, as well as mini sparklers. I covered the cake in white fondant and hand wrote 'TOP SECRET' in a stencil font on all the sides. On the top of the cake I used edible markers and wrote 'HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY SECRET AGENT MATTHEW' backwards. To 'decode' the cake he had to hold it up to a mirror to read it. I then made an old-fashioned bomb, the kind you see in old cartoons, and placed this at the top and the sparklers were the wick when lit. I also used a homemade stamp and placed shoeprints around the cake. To not make the cake so white I used black and red spray from Wilton.

I am new to cake decorating and this was my 3rd special occasion cake. I would probably change a few things next time but the mom was quite happy with it. I have uploaded the picture in the gallery in the kids birthday cake area.

Good luck with yours!

tripletmom Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 2:08am
post #7 of

Oops! I am still trying to figure this site out! I have actually posted the pics in the general birthday section, not the children, as previously stated.

Thanks!

momsandraven Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 3:38am
post #8 of

Tripletmom, your cake is great! This spy theme is tough! I love the idea of writing the message backwards. That was clever! Thank you very much for sharing your ideas with me. Oh, and welcome to this site! I haven't posted a lot, but I sure love looking at the pictures and reading all of the info here.

Kind Regards,
Beth
Mom SandRaven

momsandraven Posted 12 Mar 2005 , 5:14am
post #9 of

Well, if anyone is interested, I posted a picture of my spy cake in the general birthday section. I like Triplet Mom's cake better, but oh well. I'll just have to keep practicing!

flayvurdfun Posted 13 Mar 2005 , 3:06pm

I seen it... it looks great...... my rendition of Dianes cake wasnt as good as hers either, but like you said practice!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%